grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think this one might underperform and I'm not happy about that because I only just started to get into the franchise (I watched the 5th and 6th movies recently and they are pretty amazing). 800-900 mil

Those would be great numbers for a spin off franchise starter. 

Still think this has the best shot of any non-Disney movie of the summer to be huge. The trailers have sold the hell out of it as a crazy over the top popcorn flick. Not like F8 which took itself so seriously. I think its spin off status could also help it avoid some of the franchise fatigue of the main series. 

Edited by MovieMan89

On 6/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, MovieMan89 said:

Still think this has the best shot of any non-Disney movie of the summer to be huge. The trailers have sold the hell out of it as a crazy over the top popcorn flick. Not like F8 which took itself so seriously. I think its spin off status could also help it avoid some of the franchise fatigue of the main series. 

Didn’t the Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailers sell the hell out of that movie?

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Some of the CGI in this trailer does not look that good and took me out quite a few times. For example:

unknown.png

Wasn’t there an initial expectation that with David Leitch as the director this would be more grounded? Lol