grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Still living in your mind rent JB33

Nah, it's fairly limited to when I'm on this site and the subject of the Jim Gang comes up. I mean, sure, your name comes to mind as soon as I'm in that scenario. I'll give you that.

Saw it on tuesday. It was everything I expected it to be. Fast, furious :sparta:loud, action-packed, funny.

If they keep up and make another one like this - count me in.

I just think that one franchise is enough and after the mediocre "Fate of the Fuious" I would prefer to pick some characters from the main franchise, add them to the "Hobbs & Shaw" team and let the Vin Diesel lead series die.

Hopefully "Hobbs & Shaw" will have great legs. This won't make a billion like the last two entries of the main franchise...but I hope it will at least be enough to go on.

Spoiler

I have just one question: Did anything surface what Luke Evans has done to be treated that way? Did he say anything bad about the franchise? Or is there any other reason why they killed off Owen without even trying to give him a proper send off? I shook my head in disblief when Jason Statham mentioned his death "by the way". 

12 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

Hide contents

I have just one question: Did anything surface what Luke Evans has done to be treated that way? Did he say anything bad about the franchise? Or is there any other reason why they killed off Owen without even trying to give him a proper send off? I shook my head in disblief when Jason Statham mentioned his death "by the way". 

I think you misunderstood the line.

Spoiler

Assuming you're referring to "You made me kill my own brother," he was talking about Elba since Elba was on his team.

6 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Haha! Exactly. So true. It's too bad, because otherwise the two actors/characters (Hobbs and Shaw) make a great pair, which is obviously why they did this spin-off. I think it could work if you strengthen the bond between Hobbs and Shaw but the rest of the team sort of kept their distance..? Would at least make some sense, since Han wasn't really a friend of Hobbs.

Tyrese is the one talking, but assure you, there are others among the F&F regulars, who feel the same way. 

Notice no one is stepping up to side with The Rock against Tyrese? There was a half hearted statement from Vin...other than that there's crickets 🙂...

But the regulars, that were there from the start, are unified in staying together. Tyrese is taking the role as the mouthpiece.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 2

Let's see what FF9 does without DJ and Statham. It could open higher than HS but fade faster - both behaviour of direct sequels, unlike HS - and in the end gross less than HS.

Looking at FF8 drop from FF7 and absence of Hobbs/Shaw won't be surprised if FF9 does under 150 dom.

• Sad 1

On 8/10/2019 at 4:12 AM, OdinSon2k14 said:

Tyrese is the one talking, but assure you, there are others among the F&F regulars, who feel the same way. 

Notice no one is stepping up to side with The Rock against Tyrese? There was a half hearted statement from Vin...other than that there's crickets 🙂...

But the regulars, that were there from the start, are unified in staying together. Tyrese is taking the role as the mouthpiece.

Still, he doesn't need to post unprovoked rants on social media... there's a mouthpiece and there's whining.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, JB33 said:

Haha! Exactly. So true. It's too bad, because otherwise the two actors/characters (Hobbs and Shaw) make a great pair, which is obviously why they did this spin-off. I think it could work if you strengthen the bond between Hobbs and Shaw but the rest of the team sort of kept their distance..? Would at least make some sense, since Han wasn't really a friend of Hobbs.

But they're definitely setting up Shaw to return in Fast 10, though.