grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

1 minute ago, SLAM! said:

Looks like this is going to be a big hit after all. At the very least, this means that Disney won't monopolize the top 10 biggest films of the year domestically. I'm sure this can hold very well troughout August and September.

even if the reviews are decent i'm hobbs and unshaw that will mean anything for its box office.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

even if the reviews are decent i'm hobbs and unshaw that will mean anything for its box office.

I guess you're probbs right to have an unshaw feeling about the box office potential of the film.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

30 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I was really excited yet for that film cus of Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot but then I realized it's from the writer/director of Skyscraper:bagoverhead:

Guess you and Universal had the same reaction upon finding out that info. 

• Haha 1

Up tp 76% now.

Han is dead and gone forever. Critics don't care. Han was a crminal, just like Dom is a criminal. They might have a family, but it's a family of criminals. When criminals fight against other criminals, they might end up dying. 

Shaw all the way up! 

• Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Up tp 76% now.

Han is dead and gone forever. Critics don't care. Han was a crminal, just like Dom is a criminal. They might have a family, but it's a family of criminals. When criminals fight against other criminals, they might end up dying. 

Shaw all the way up! 

You son of a bitch.

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Up tp 76% now.

Shaw all the way up! 

Words ain’t even been invented for the wrath you just incurred

@Sam @MrGamer @Chewy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh, look, a film with a late embargo drop got  better reviews than the film recently released with an early embargo drop. 

Maybe we all should stop reading TOO much into early/late embargo lifts.

Sure it can be an indicator of quality.  Or at least what the studio thinks of it.  That doesn't mean it is an indicator of quality.  Especially if a studio misreads their own film for whatever reason.

Still early days of course.  But no matter where this lands I think it is safe to say that this is doing far better than some of y'alls thought it would when it came to reviews.

(I say early days because the current 6.18/10 isn't THAT special)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Pleasantly surprised by these reviews, seeing as I expect to get dragged to this.     

My BO concerns were more about presales and being a spin-off than reception, and so they haven’t been alleviated that much.

After reading some posts before 12hrs I really thought 50% In rt looked distant. But 70s is good. Jumanji is 76 and Central intelligence is 71 whereas all other decent hits like San Andreas, journey2, and rampage were around 50. Surely this can't be as bad as skyscraper or Baywatch!