grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

6 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Can the rock have 2 one billion dollar movies in a Span of 5 months as lead actor 

hobbs and Shaw and jumanji 

dude is a machine 

jungle cruise next year as well 

You are asking way too much. Rock is certainly popular but if the first Jumanji didn't hit 1 billion this doesn't even stand the chance. The first had everything going for it with insane legs. Also Hobbs and Shaw will be good if it can get to 700-800M.  I don't think it gets near 1B. Can't say anything about Jungle cruise but 1B is tough for it too. It's an original movie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Movie release 3 after in China. So if the positive WOM carries over. The opening should be massive in China.

i could see fast and furious 9 not beat Hobbs and Shaw tbh. Hobbs and Shaw were big part of success in last movie the fate and the furious 

obviously fast and furious 7 was Paul walker last movie 

Dom+China(with positive reviews)+row- 175+200+500m possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nero said:

You are asking way too much. Rock is certainly popular but if the first Jumanji didn't hit 1 billion this doesn't even stand the chance. The first had everything going for it with insane legs. Also Hobbs and Shaw will be good if it can get to 700-800M.  I don't think it gets near 1B. Can't say anything about Jungle cruise but 1B is tough for it too. It's an original movie. 

I mean The first jumanji didn’t have everything going for it.

the opening was moderate even for Christmas release. People were questioning movie existence without robin willimas

this movie will have much bigger opening  

7 hours ago, Avatree said:

Franchise films this year:

Bombed: 

Men in Black International

That is still funny (not so sure it did bomb).....

Apparently:

Despite the $110M-production cost being floated out there, we hear the net before P&A cost on Men in Black: International is actually under $100M (per those with knowledge of the budget, not studio sources). We hear co-finance partners Hemisphere and Tencent are each in for just under 18% each, helping to reduce Sony’s risk. Already working in the pic’s P&A favor is $75M through a number of largely high-end promotional partners like Lexus cars and Paul Smith suits.

If those ultra low figure are near the ball mark, could have ended up making even some money for Sony.

f-sony-a-20150226-870x702.jpg

Making money the Rothman ways.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I mean The first jumanji didn’t have everything going for it.

the opening was moderate even for Christmas release. People were questioning movie existence without robin willimas

this movie will have much bigger opening  

Yes it might have big opening but this time TROS is going to be huge coz you can't underestimate J.J. Abrams. Also there is frozen 2 mania. Last year TLJ performed poorly and that's what helped Jumanji. 

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Only three Disney movies were considered better than the bunch. Disney is winning because of the IPs they own, not the quality of the movies. 

I'm willing to bet that Disney will have a better year critically next year but will make a bit more than half the money it did this year.

It depend what were talking about, for Pixar-Disney Animation-Marvel, success of new release even if they are average is certainly rooted in year's of the continuous minimum level of quality and when they break out it is usually when they are good.

When that quality reputation isn't there, Disney force isn't nearly has good for sure, but for many IPs it is on the back of a very recent good track record.

But to go with your point, when Universal had it's giant 2015 year's, it was really IP driven (but they still delivered) and to continue about "quality" the excellent Steve Jobs made 3% of Minions, so by quality here we mean ability to attract and please a large target audience.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yes it might have big opening but this time TROS is going to be huge coz you can't underestimate J.J. Abrams. Also there is frozen 2 mania. Last year TLJ performed poorly and that's what helped Jumanji. 

I mean TLJ won’t do FA numbers. Probably somewhere between FA and TLJ

still there is loads of room in OS that don’t like Star Wars for jumanji to breakout on.

honestly the trailer is fantastic. I don’t see it not doing 1 billion 

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

still there is loads of room in OS that don’t like Star Wars for jumanji to breakout on.

Well as the famous saying goes WE WILL SEE!!! 😜

15 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Correction: TLJ didn’t do TFA numbers.

• Like 1