grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Honestly never watched a Star Wars movie never understood appeal of them

so the movies are 

FA, TLJ and TROS 

Well, with the original trilogy from the late 70’s to early 80’s, they were some of the biggest blockbusters of their time with their groundbreaking visuals, engaging story and memorable characters. They were revolutionary at the time in terms of how huge blockbusters were done back then.

That’s why many considering the OT (EP4-6) as arguably the best of the Star Wars-trilogies.

19 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, with the original trilogy from the late 70’s to early 80’s, they were some of the biggest blockbusters of their time with their groundbreaking visuals, engaging story and memorable characters. They were revolutionary at the time in terms of how huge blockbusters were done back then.

That’s why many considering the OT (EP4-6) as arguably the best of the Star Wars-trilogies.

Yeah I should give it watch. I was born in 1997. Completely the 90s revival of it. So never had nostalgia 

i think Harry Potter was huge craze for people growing up in my generation. 

Gonna give it a watch when Disney + is releases 

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Second David Leitch directed movie in a row to have a skeptical embargo drop with doom and gloom surrounding it only for it to end up fine. :ph34r:

In rt it's 71 now. Slightly down. But I feel.it will surely end up 65+ which is decent for this genre. 

I should have stuck to what I had expected earlier (a dumb film that seems like a really fun time) and shouldn't have started to panic because of the late embargo. I'm not as hyped as I was a few weeks ago though and might only end up watching this next weekend if OUTIH doesn't release where I live.

I'm still expecting an underperformance DOM (around 150 mil) but should do a lot better than I expected OS. Honestly though, it will end up being a win and with this film, Spider-Man, and OUTIH (and even minor successes like Crawl and Annabelle) it seems like the non-Disney slump is ending.

Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised by the reviews so far? Or am I? I guess it doesn't matter because ever since the first trailer I always thought this movie looked like dumb fun at the movies. Seeing it this weekend!

• Like 1

I thought it was very much like a beefier and dumber "Kingsman" movie more than anything.... that sounds like I'm denigrating it, but I'm really not. All the things that made that first Kingsman movie fun, but without any of the nasty edge or mean-spirited vibe.... it's funny how spy movies are sort of making a comeback lately and the model the most successful ones seem to be using the most are the old Roger Moore Bond movies... 

really enjoyed this. a lot heavier on the comedy side than usual F&F fare (and some of it don't land all too well but I'd take Hobbs & Shaw throwing cringey remarks at each other over Vin Diesel's gloomy and stoic persona any time of the day). plot is as OTP as previous F&F entries and some moments just happens because the plot demands it to (but let's be real most people don't watch these movies for the plot) but it makes up for most of its flaws by the sheer amount of entertainment and exciting visual action set pieces. David Leitch brings his A game with incredible shots and fluid transitions even if not innovative the stunts were quite great. there was only 1 scene where the action becomes a bit distorted cus of a shaky cam, but the action in the rest of the movie was solid. I really wanna see Leitch tackle a big budget superhero movie again with actual super-powered people, his action is p incredible. this film had really fast pacing, 2 hours of non-stop action scenes with barely any scene inbetween which could be a good thing or a bad thing depends on how much fun you're expecting. Vanessa Kirby was the standout and had great chemistry with everybody. another I liked was how this spin-off tried to be its own thing and branch away from the F&F's shadow while keeping the family themes.

I'd give it 6-7/10. it's a fun time and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it (btw F&F movies are pretty big here and on opening night, they're usually comparable to Marvel movies in terms of attendance so I'm not sure how that would reflect other OS countries) but I hope it's a success and becomes its own franchise cus I'm down for 10 more non-Vin Diesel F&F movies :stirthepot:

also the camoes were insane! hard to believe they were kept hidden away from the marketing, considering the trailers spoiled most of the major plot points.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

really enjoyed this. a lot heavier on the comedy side than usual F&F fare (and some of it don't land all too well but I'd take Hobbs & Shaw throwing cringey remarks at each other over Vin Diesel's gloomy and stoic persona any time of the day). plot is as OTP as previous F&F entries and some moments just happens because the plot demands it to (but let's be real most people don't watch these movies for the plot) but it makes up for most of its flaws by the sheer amount of entertainment and exciting visual action set pieces. David Leitch brings his A game with incredible shots and fluid transitions even if not innovative the stunts were quite great. there was only 1 scene where the action becomes a bit distorted cus of a shaky cam, but the action in the rest of the movie was solid. I really wanna see Leitch tackle a big budget superhero movie again with actual super-powered people, his action is p incredible. this film had really fast pacing, 2 hours of non-stop action scenes with barely any scene inbetween which could be a good thing or a bad thing depends on how much fun you're expecting. Vanessa Kirby was the standout and had great chemistry with everybody. another I liked was how this spin-off tried to be its own thing and branch away from the F&F's shadow while keeping the family themes.

I'd give it 6-7/10. it's a fun time and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it (btw F&F movies are pretty big here and on opening night, they're usually comparable to Marvel movies in terms of attendance so I'm not sure how that would reflect other OS countries) but I hope it's a success and becomes its own franchise cus I'm down for 10 more non-Vin Diesel F&F movies :stirthepot:

also the camoes were insane! hard to believe they were kept hidden away from the marketing, considering the trailers spoiled most of the major plot points.

Thanks for the review! I'm pumped!

Regarding the bold, where are you from again?

12 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Vanessa Kirby is getting a lot of praise from critics, I'll always give props to the Fast franchise for giving space to strong woman way before it became a trend (started by Katniss).

she was also good in Mission Impossible Fallout. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

PM me the cameos please! 

• Haha 1