grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

50 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Amazing, the Guardian gave it a positive review, the Guardian hates all action movies normally.....:ohmygod:

Not really. Guardian is not consistent -- they have multiple film critics so different tastes. Peter Bradshaw, Mark Kermode, there's at least two others, who regularly review films. You can find 4 guardian reviews on the same film giving completely different ratings.

2 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I remember you being a huge F&F fan back in the release of F6. What happened? :( 

I'm still fan cant wait for Fast 9 but not interested seeing the Spin off. I didn't care for these 2 characters especially Shaw so I'm not wasting my money on them lol. I'll watch it later on tho. Probably before F9 if its important to that plot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Great. How was the overall response @ur theatre 

Good. It's really funny and some scenes people were in complete stitches. The people walking out near me at the end said it was awesome.

Think people will like it, especially because they double down with the FAMILY theme, it's quite endearing.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Good. It's really funny and some scenes people were in complete stitches. The people walking out near me at the end said it was awesome.

Think people will like it, especially because they double down with the FAMILY theme, it's quite endearing.

Great news..I am feeling surreal after reading the doom/gloom posts for the past three days. Great turn around!

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

H&S 71%, TLK 53%. What a time to be alive. :)

Actually what turned the tide for tlk . I was expecting rave reviews like jungle book. Was the "frame by frame remake" thing worked against the movie?

3 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Actually what turned the tide for tlk . I was expecting rave reviews like jungle book. Was the "frame by frame remake" thing worked against the movie?

based on reviews, that, emotionless photo-realism and miscast voices that basically just collected paycheck and didn't even try. In short, EVERYTHING. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

based on reviews, that, emotionless photo-realism and miscast voices that basically just collected paycheck and didn't even try. In short, EVERYTHING. :lol:

Thank got they retained the same voice for mufasa!

Just got back from my own screening and I enjoyed it a lot. Basically everything I was expecting/hoping for from the trailers. Johnson and Statham are both great, with an excellent dynamic, a lot of great lines and the movie is honestly surprisingly hilarious at times. Legitimately had some really large laughs in the theatre and my audience seemed really into it as well. While it's somewhat difficult to tell with the box office these days, I suspect this is probably going have fairly good WOM. 

Also, I love how the F&F franchise has more or less just accepted that it's now basically a superhero series with cars and fully leaned in into that absurdity with fucking supersoldiers, megaviruses and shadowy secret organisations. Love it.

Also also, massive spoiler here (so absolutely don't look if you want to stay surprised), but I couldn't finish this without mentioning-

Spoiler

I had no idea that Deadpool was in this movie! Okay sure, if you want to be technical about it, he's CIA Agent 'Locke' 'played' by 'Ryan Reynolds', but it's pretty clear he's just meant to be Deadpool. Which I'm not complaining about because he was one of the best parts of the movie. He legitimately killed me with laughter every scene he showed up in. I am all on board for him becoming a reoccurring character in the F&Fverse.

Honestly, all the cameos in this movie were pretty hilarious. John Delaney needs to get his own spinoff movie with Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart's cameo was both hilarious and strangely surreal in its own unique way. Loved it though. Although it was kinda strange that I legitimately don't think any of the main franchise F&F crew were anywhere to be seen. I was expecting at least one cameo on that front. Ah well. 

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1