grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

Might give this one a shot.

Not a big fan of the franchise...quality too uneven (and I have a limited appetite for car chases, no matter how well done) ,the last few I waited to catch on cable, but from the reviews this one looks like fun.

17 hours ago, JB33 said:

Oh for sure, but still hoping the role/character isn't too much of a downgrade. Sometimes a character and an actor just mesh and it elevates the actor, even though most times it's the other way around. Not going to write off Cena yet.

Thing is the Rock had a likable personality, and Cena does not. And, yeah, that likability was a huge part of the success of the Rock in the F and F franchise.

37 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Thing is the Rock had a likable personality, and Cena does not. And, yeah, that likability was a huge part of the success of the Rock in the F and F franchise.

I won't argue with that. That's why I hate this whole feud that's going on. The Rock should have been in this to the end.

John Cena is in Fast 9, and it's gonna be glorious. Guy is made for this franchise. As much as I love Charlize though not too hyped about her remaining the big bad - she was a wet noodle in the last one. The Statham tease was so amazing, and I don't even love Jason Statham. Imagine if they did that with like Keanu. Crowd would go nuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

Also, I love how the F&F franchise has more or less just accepted that it's now basically a superhero series with cars and fully leaned in into that absurdity with fucking supersoldiers, megaviruses and shadowy secret organisations. Love it.

Except Diesel doesn’t accept this. He thinks he’s making The Godfather or something. Excited for this, but fully expect F9 to be a melodramatic chore. Maybe this spinoff series can continue the right path of the franchise. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Except Diesel doesn’t accept this. He thinks he’s making The Godfather or something. Excited for this, but fully expect F9 to be a melodramatic chore. Maybe this spinoff series can continue the right path of the franchise. 

That’s why we need more non-Vin Diesel F&F films like H&S

Diesel is way too gloomy and stoic for a franchise like this. 

• Thanks 1

I'm just loving all the positive feedback from folks here. Sounds like it actually delivers on what it promises in the trailer: a really fun - and funny - movie! Glad so many people enjoyed it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it Sunday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

John Cena is in Fast 9, and it's gonna be glorious. Guy is made for this franchise. As much as I love Charlize though not too hyped about her remaining the big bad - she was a wet noodle in the last one. The Statham tease was so amazing, and I don't even love Jason Statham. Imagine if they did that with like Keanu. Crowd would go nuts.

Hopefully our man Lin will work his magic on Charlize

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dudalb said:

Someone just mentioned they have never seen the original Star Wars Trilogy.

I knew the cinematic illiteracy....not being familiar with a lot of classic films.....was pretty bad on this site. but this is pretty shocking.

some of you guys need to get over yourselves. there's no one movie that is required viewing, just gotta let people do them.

• Thanks 4

obviously not gonna give spoilers, but this film does set up an alternative F&F series and it would be quite possible for Dwayne Johnson to no longer appear in the main films. I wonder if this whole thing was simply invented to keep Dwayne and Vin both in F&f without having them work together. That really shows the star power of Dwayne Johnson imo...

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

some of you guys need to get over yourselves. there's no one movie that is required viewing, just gotta let people do them.

This is a fun interview. Margot Robbie admits to never having seen Star Wars and some other classic movies, and Leo is almost offended Pitt and Robbie haven't seen Gone With The Wind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1