grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Odds on The Rock actually appearing in Fast 9? He didn't share a single scene with Diesel in the previous movie through the magic of framing, next movie he won't be sharing space with anyone by the looks of it.

They don’t really need Dwayne Johnson and he’s so sought after that he doesn’t need to be in them either. 

Tyrese is never gonna beat the moment where he said he hated Baywatch and followed it with proclaiming that he bought out two full auditoriums for his daughter's school to see Moana.

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

I'm way more interested in this spin off than Fast 9 anyway :P

Me too. Franchise has been starting to feel very "been there, done that" anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the alternative is just putting him in no scenes with the main cast. "Hobbs, we can't go to the heist i've got so much work to do. Hobbs, i'm so tired. it's so late hobbs."

latest?cb=20170801143419

They will Poochie him - "Hobbs died on the way to his home planet", also gives them an excuse to take the franchise to space

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Too busy making $20M a movie. I'm just happy Luda has Fear Factor.

They seriously brought that show back?

Also, the idea that Fast and Furious, of all franchises, has their actors in a pathetic Internet feud really makes me laugh for some reason. :rofl: 

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

They seriously brought that show back?

Also, the idea that Fast and Furious, of all franchises, has their actors in a pathetic Internet feud really makes me laugh for some reason. :rofl: 

I bet Vin convinced everybody that they had to continue acting like "family" away from the set of these films and Dwayne wasn't having any of it.

If Hobbs releases in 2019, F9 ain't releasing in 2020. Too little time. Hobbs is as it is scheduled for summer 2019 and not earlier. So unless F9 gets pushed to Fall 2020, they have a year at most between two movies and they are not going into such hasty hectic production imo. We may have seen the last of F&F proper.

I hope Gal makes an extended cameo if not more in Hobbs-Shaw. She long with DJ and Jason is enough to make this appear less spin-offish and more of a heavyweight movie. DJ really got along with the female cast in F5,6,7 and could even get Michelle in this one or the sequel to the spin-off. Basically F&F minus Vin and Tyrese.

53 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I hope Gal makes an extended cameo if not more in Hobbs-Shaw. She long with DJ and Jason is enough to make this appear less spin-offish and more of a heavyweight movie. DJ really got along with the female cast in F5,6,7 and could even get Michelle in this one or the sequel to the spin-off. Basically F&F minus Vin and Tyrese.

Yeah Gal could do some flashbacks or something.  Could be an added bonus to the film

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yeah Gal could do some flashbacks or something.  Could be an added bonus to the film

It's kind of obvious they will show that Han isn't dead and completely retcon Shaw trying to kill the family, so they might as well go the distance and have Han and Gisele appear as having hidden out in, I don't know, Somalia or somewhere, away from everything all this time.

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

Yeah they could start-off with something like flashback.. But eventually the franchise could lean into a meatier role for her in the follow up to the spin-off. I can imagine one Hobbs-Shaw movie being exciting. But a 2nd one needs a big addition like Gal (i.e if they are done with F&F and just want to focus on spin-offs). So to set her up in a bigger role in followups, here they could have her in a smaller role (which they can still market like hell).

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's kind of obvious they will show that Han isn't dead and completely retcon Shaw trying to kill the family, so they might as well go the distance and have Han and Gisele appear as having hidden out in, I don't know, Somalia or somewhere, away from everything all this time.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yeah they could start-off with something like flashback.. But eventually the franchise could lean into a meatier role for her in the follow up to the spin-off. I can imagine one Hobbs-Shaw movie being exciting. But a 2nd one needs a big addition like Gal (i.e if they are done with F&F and just want to focus on spin-offs). So to set her up in a bigger role in followups, here they could have her in a smaller role (which they can still market like hell).

so you think they will go the bringing her back from the dead concept?  It has been done before and even in the F&F franchise so it wouldn't be all that surprising :P 

• Like 1