grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Finally saw this today. Worst of the franchise for me. Vin and Tyrese I’m sorry i doubted you I now believe in family.

A week later, I'd probably rank it at the bottom as well. Pretty crazy how boring it is in relation to the sci-fi ridiculousness. 

9 better take it back to the tuna.

• Like 2

4 is probably my bottom and Hobbs and Shaw would probably be ahead of it. If Hobbs and Shaw is way too jokey, then Fast and Furious is generally too dour and serious because of whole Dom out for vengeance thing.

Honestly tho, I haven't really enjoyed a Fast and Furious film wholeheartedly since 6. Take us back to the promised land, J Lin

• Like 1

We’re at the ninth entry of the Furious series so… first thing’s first: you better leave your brain at the door. If you’re not a fan of this franchise at all for whatever reason, this is not for you. It carries the same exact spirit and themes as the main entries. If you weren’t on board by Fast Five or even Fast and Furious 6, then I don’t know what to tell ya. From the disposable nonsensical narratives to creating their own laws of physics, you can’t help but criticize a Fast and the Furious movie. But... it’s Fast and Furious. They’ve gotten away with those flaws for so long that they’ve become identifiers for the franchise. They’re essential charms for all of their movies, including H&S, making for some of the most memorable action scenes in film history, no matter how ridiculous they are. 

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//fast-amp-furious-presents-hobbs-amp-shaw-review

Edited by rjones1325
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rjones1325 said:

We’re at the ninth entry of the Furious series so… first thing’s first: you better leave your brain at the door. If you’re not a fan of this franchise at all for whatever reason, this is not for you. It carries the same exact spirit and themes as the main entries. If you weren’t on board by Fast Five or even Fast and Furious 6, then I don’t know what to tell ya. From the disposable nonsensical narratives to creating their own laws of physics, you can’t help but criticize a Fast and the Furious movie. But... it’s Fast and Furious. They’ve gotten away with those flaws for so long that they’ve become identifiers for the franchise. They’re essential charms for all of their movies, including H&S, making for some of the most memorable action scenes in film history, no matter how ridiculous they are. 

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//fast-amp-furious-presents-hobbs-amp-shaw-review

Thanks! Always enjoy your reviews.

12 hours ago, a2k said:

89% Aud RT after 17k verified reviews is pretty damn high.

F8 is at 72% after 44k (non verified).

F7 at 82% after 195k (non verified).

Not surprised in the least. The film was over the top, but over the top fun! 

so it's a "little spin-off" with prod budget of puny 200m. 💪

i think the idea to go for H&S was timely and kept the franchise alive.

something went a little off in the marketing. should be doing bigger numbers at least early on.