aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049-harrison-ford-opening-weekend-box-office-1202183063/

Based off early evening estimates, Alcon/Sony’s Blade Runner 2049 via Warner Bros. is looking at a Thursday night in the vicinity of $3.5M. As we always footnote on these uber-early estimates, that number can go higher or lower, but there’s a feeling that ticket sales could push to $4M by the end of tonight. Note, this evening forecast does not come from Warner Bros.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049-harrison-ford-opening-weekend-box-office-1202183063/

Based off early evening estimates, Alcon/Sony’s Blade Runner 2049 via Warner Bros. is looking at a Thursday night in the vicinity of $3.5M. As we always footnote on these uber-early estimates, that number can go higher or lower, but there’s a feeling that ticket sales could push to $4M by the end of tonight. Note, this evening forecast does not come from Warner Bros.

Remember these are early estimates so these could go much higher when actuals come in

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Kingsman: 3.4 /$39m

Apes: 5.01  / $56.3m

Mad Max: 3.7/ $45.4m

If it as any of these ratios then $3.5m gives a $39-43m opening

This is adult skewed and I think is gonna be very backloaded like 15x-18x the previews

I know WB are just trying to make as much as they can because they only have the domestic gross (Sony have international) but I’m surprised this is the 3rd widest opening ever. 

I wonder what WB’s exposure on the reported $150m budget is. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I know WB are just trying to make as much as they can because they only have the domestic gross (Sony have international) but I’m surprised this is the 3rd widest opening ever. 

I wonder what WB’s exposure on the reported $150m budget is. 

Sony and Alcon paid production costs.

WB is only the distributor because of a deal they had with Alcon.  They get 10% of the domestic B.O.   I don't know if they have any exposure though on marketing expenses but with only 10% Dom it doesn't seem likely.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sony and Alcon paid production costs.

WB is only the distributor because of a deal they had with Alcon.  They get 10% of the domestic B.O.   I don't know if they have any exposure though on marketing expenses but with only 10% Dom it doesn't seem likely.

Hmm this sounds like a strange deal. 

Why would WB pay for 4,000 locations to get 10%? Plus why would WB be interested? 

Anymore info on this anywhere? 

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I can't sit through 3 hours of anything.

I don't care how good it is. 

Maybe I'll watch BR49 in one hour segments on dvd.

It's actually only two hours and forty-four minutes long.

Edited by aabattery
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I can't sit through 3 hours of anything.

I don't care how good it is. 

Maybe I'll watch BR49 in one hour segments on dvd.

Have you got a medical condition? 

How do you manage on flights? Are you a nightmare to travel with? Lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3