aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

I've never had one problem with seniors though. Not one. Just insolent teenagers or young adults.

Yeah there were some teenagers in our Battle of the Sexes screening this afternoon (who clearly snuck in based on how they couldn't decide where to sit... in a screening room with pre-arranged seating) I had to shut up.

One of my favorite theatrical experiences was my best friend and I seeing Pineapple Express. Saturday night, opening weekend and everyone else was watching The Dark Knight for the God-knows-how-manieth time at that multplex. It's us, a few other people our age scattered throughout the 200 seat room... and an elderly couple sitting nice and quiet up front. Besides what a blast we had with the film itself, they were a hoot. Walked out after it ended and couldn't help but hear their conversation.

HUSBAND: Well, that was the stupidest movie I've ever seen...

WIFE: (Proudly) I LIKED IT!

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

But Tele.

Blade Runner 2049.

Man saw Power Rangers and Life in theaters, I don't think him seeing it should inspire any confidence.

In fact, Dunkirk would have done 4x OW had he not seen it on OW

What's everyone expecting for next weekend? I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Happy Death Day: $19M

The Foreigner: $7M

Neither Marshall or Professor Marston & the Wonder Women will do much. Man, it's gonna be a real dry spell after this weekend until Thor.

Just now, filmlover said:

What's everyone expecting for next weekend? I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Happy Death Day: $19M

The Foreigner: $7M

Neither Marshall or Professor Marston & the Wonder Women will do much. Man, it's gonna be a real dry spell after this weekend until Thor.

Happy Death Day - 28M

Foreigner - 6M

Marshall - 3M

Professor Marston - 1M or so