aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

That movie is such torture that Tele sees it every time he closes his eyes. Hell is an endless loop of Covfefe playing over and over.

The good news is that Ridley wants to kill the franchise so much so that Fox might not give him another shot at it

What?! Why still call it Alien then? Fucking call it David: Awakening.

They need to stop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Its good script and director could have appealed to his picky nature, and given the movie a draw 

Are you saying DiCaprio was interested and was turned down? I haven't heard anything about that. 

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Talked to a pal last night and suggested the reason Denis Villeneuve gave that non-denial, non-answer on Bond was to wait and see how Blade Runner 2049 (didn't) open.

You watch. Within a month, he'll be officially on board for Craig's swan song.

Skyfall already feels like the Bond film Villeneuve would make.  Even had Roger Deakins.

Edited by B D Joe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Talked to a pal last night and suggested the reason Denis Villeneuve gave that non-denial, non-answer on Bond was to wait and see how Blade Runner 2049 (didn't) open.

You watch. Within a month, he'll be officially on board for Craig's swan song.

He's a great director, any franchise picture would be lucky to have him.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I was expecting something like a B or B- for Blade Runner so an A- is really good news. I guess everyone got what they expected!

And that's all Cinemascore really is. Unless you mismarket something, you usually don't bomb unless you're a truly shitty horror film (not referring to mother but other stuff).

OW isn't anything great but Blade Runner has always been more of a cult classic, not something like Star Wars. I wish it had done better because it deserves to. I guess we'll see how actual WOM is. I know of a few people who loved it who want to see it in theaters again (myself included).

And if you have Dolby 5.1 ATMOS theaters, this movie is fucking great in it. 2D too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXT said:

Inception would've been huge even without DiCaprio,who followed it with J Edgar. The concept was the big draw, not the actor.

DiCaprio is a draw. Martin Scorsese wouldn't have any modern hit movies without him. He made a movie about a bear attacking him in the woods into a huge Blockbuster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

DiCaprio is a draw. Martin Scorsese wouldn't have any modern hit movies without him. He made a movie about a bear attacking him in the woods into a huge Blockbuster. 

He is a draw but he isn't going to add a lot to a movie like this. Subtract his salary and the first basis points he gets and the production will be at the same place they are at now. Movies like this either sell themselves or they don't.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yep, he's actually one of the last big draws. I think if he was actually involved with Blade Runner 2049 (sci-fi concept and all), it could have opened to over 50m.

Edited by Fancyarcher