aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The GA did like it though.

Problem must have been the marketing.

If the GA liked it overall,  it wouldn't be opening so low.   It is frontloaded,  which means it only connected with die hard fans.   The younger crowd is generally rejecting it; therefore,  I am not sure how you can support the fact that the GA liked it.   The reality is that the core supports liked it,  because they are the ones who rushed to see it.  The GA liking it would translate to a significantly higher multiplier. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Dunkirk over Blade Runner means that Denis makes #art films and Nolan makes #mainstream films.  Therefore Denis is the better director.  sorry Pink.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

...you're fucking high if you think this movie is getting only a 2.1.  This isn't another Alien: Covenant.

I have it dropping 62% next weekend given how frontloaded it is, and that PTA will be $2,833 in over 4k theaters. It'll lose a lot of theaters and additional screens the following week, maybe have an ok hold on the 27th, and be gone once Thor is out.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I'd much rather see Dune than Cleopatra.  Actually, if Angelina Jolie is still attached to that I don't want it made it all because she's a mediocre actress.  If Cleopatra is made with Denis Villeneuve, Deakins, etc. it will probably end up like Kingdom of Heaven DC where everything about the movie is fucking good except for the lead performance.

Come on, she's perfect for Cleo.  AJ has a shit filmography for an A-lister, but Cleopatra is the role she was born to play. It fits her acting persona

Americans will have all the fun and greatness with their shiny action heavy full of colors and jokes blockbusters made by producers with their puppet directors Thurd, Diarrhea League and Crap Wars: The Last Shit.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

I don't see Blade Runner getting any Oscar nominations above the tech line anymore (and it'll get a slew of those so no need to feel sorry for it). It was always much more dependent on being perceived as a box office success than something like The Florida Project is when it comes to the top categories.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I have it dropping 62% next weekend given how frontloaded it is, and that PTA will be $2,833 in over 4k theaters. It'll lose a lot of theaters and additional screens the following week, maybe have an ok hold on the 27th, and be gone once Thor is out.

BR 2049 will lose the screens/showings by next weekend with this opening - my theaters had 4, 2.5, and 2 screens for it...rather than drop a holdover, I'm sure they might look to drop some showings to give a holdover a 1/2 screen for an extra week...especially since there are some not terrible holdovers right now...

Just now, CJohn said:

Americans will have all the fun and greatness with their shiny action heavy full of colors and jokes blockbusters made by producers with their puppet directors Thurd, Diarrhea League and Crap Wars: The Last Shit.

You're really trying to court controversy with that avatar, aren't ya? :rofl:

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

WB won't get a dime from money overseas.

WB doesn't have any risk. 

Distributor always takes money from BO, what was spent on marketing. After that distributor takes his own fee. 

Production studio (Alcon) takes a reminder.

P.S. That's a rules, smart people give me an answer, thanx them.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Will Blade Runner outgross those movies in Spain Portugal?

Edited by AJG

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

tumblr_ntnh5n54sF1qh124lo3_r3_250.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is WB or Sony campaigning for it? I don't see why WB can't give Blade Runner a sizable push. Even with the box office floppage, it's still probably in for Picture and Adapted Screenplay in addition to the techs.

What makes you think it's in for Best Picture or Adapted Screenplay? The only sci-fi movies that get in multiple categories like that are the big hits and like the other dude said I don't think WB is gonna launch a big oscar campaign for this.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Can I use your profile pic and join the rebellion?

• ...wtf 1

Outside of hardcore movie fans and even among those blade runner was never a popular movie . ask any SciFi fan what is the best SciFi movie and they will say the matrix or star wars etc . blade runner was and is a cult film which always had a niche audience and now you know the population of that audience