aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Villeneuve has had more success than Early Nolan though.

Really, Nolan had a niche fanbase until TDK and Inception which both somehow made him Spielberg/Kubrick/Hitchcock for millenials desperate for a modern,  iconic director.

If Villeneuve makes one or two cultural phenomenons most people will be like, "Nolan, who?".

I don't think that's really true, they both have fairly divergent career paths. Villeneuve had Arrival which was a big hit, but it's not like Insomnia did any worse than Prisoners. Sicario did no better than the Prestige.

Nolan just happened to jump into the blockbuster game sooner than Villeneuve did (at least filmography wise). He made his splash with Memento, he made a medium sized film with Insomnia. Then he did Batman Begins. And when the time came, he made the most of his shots. Now he can't be stopped. His draw is self sustaining. Villeneuve stayed in the medium sized budgeted films longer than Nolan did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MVPs in BR 2049 :

1. Roger D

2. Production Designer & Weta Workshop

3. All the ladies especially that female

Spoiler

terminatrix

4. VFX houses

5. The rest.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I wanna say Gosling was the MVP but Ana de Armas..... :jeb!: 

The nice thing about an empty 10:30pm showing and this movie being a flop is that I can wear sweatpants for maximum elasticity and stretching.

Wait, @Jayhawk is gonna be there? Awwww man

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

carla juri was great! i was hoping she'd get a good role. i only found out about her last year in Morris From America where i thought she also did a lot with a little.

I'm almost tempted to watch Wetlands now. 

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I even liked Leto's bits!

Usually not one to judge but  :gold:

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I hope thats a Spider-Man 2 reference 

Damn right it is.

Unfortunately I couldn't find quite the right pic to go with it, so I'm glad someone picked up on it

• Like 1