aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Although next year won't be as big for them as this year, WB should have a good year. Aquaman is locked for $300M+, and can even go to $400M. RP1 is a wildcard with massive breakout potential. Meg, The Nun and Oceans 8 will be nice moneymakers. Rampage can be 2018's San Andreas. Fantastic Beasts 2 should be in $200M ballpark. Tag and Tomb Raider can breakout. TTG has a chance for $100M as well.

What makes you think Aquaman is "locked" for 300M? Im curious cause i dont really know how popular that character is. But hes just introduced in JL and even Spider-Man didnt managed to do more than 335M this year. Is it the christmas slot?

Edited by Brainbug

Fwiw in DC and Northern VA Blade Runner so far today has been filling theaters better than yesterday up to now.  Presumably it will have trouble filling the late shows, but 11am onwards the 2 main theaters I follow have been filling up welll - especially IMAX and Dolby.  I wonder if any positive WOM is coming with the caveat, "but make sure to watch it on IMAX, etc"

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What makes you think Aquaman is "locked" for 300M? Im curious cause i dont really know how popular that character is. But hes just introduced in JL and even Spider-Man didnt managed to do more than 335M this year. Is it the christmas slot?

Aquaman could do $75-80m OW and still crack $250-300m thanks to Christmas

48 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Any chance It  legs it out to 350...or is that too much to ask? 

325/330/335 min/real/max imo

It had a 9.6m weekend and is 20.1 away from 325. Needs to add 2.1x more the 5th weekend to reach that goal and I think it will do it without much difficulty.

330 is the realistic target while for 335, it will have to surprise once again and show a couple of very strong holds soon enough (while the numbers are still significant).

Edited by a2knet

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Christmas slot and that fact that no DCEU movie has done under $300M yet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Aquaman could do $75-80m OW and still crack $250-300m thanks to Christmas

Yeah, it could have a similar pattern to AUJ...maybe more front-loaded as Thu previews get more prominent, social media marketing/online sales increase and DCU/MCU fans show up super-early for their movies it seems.

So a 75-80m ow and 250m+ dom if not 300m is very realistic for AQM imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Uh Man of Steel? 

Adjusted wise at least. I forgot about MOS. However I'm guessing Aquaman will be more like SS/WW in quality to the GA than BvS/MOS.

27 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Although next year won't be as big for them as this year, WB should have a good year. Aquaman is locked for $300M+, and can even go to $400M. RP1 is a wildcard with massive breakout potential. Meg, The Nun and Oceans 8 will be nice moneymakers. Rampage can be 2018's San Andreas. Fantastic Beasts 2 should be in $200M ballpark. Tag and Tomb Raider can breakout. TTG has a chance for $100M as well.

AQM can be possible/likely/very likely 300m...but how can it be locked! :) I don't see that 100% certainty this early this far:

imo,

200+ 100% (locked)

225+ 75%

250+ 50%

300+ 25%

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Yeah, it could have a similar pattern to AUJ...maybe more front-loaded as Thu previews get more prominent, social media marketing/online sales increase and DCU/MCU fans show up super-early for their movies it seems.

So a 75-80m ow and 250m+ dom if not 300m is very realistic for AQM imo.

Christmas 2018 will be competitive af. Both Aquaman and Poppins can do $300M+, ASMM can do $100M-$175M, Bumblebee also has a chance for $100M, and Rhapsody might do $150M. The only causality might be Mortal Engines.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Christmas 2018 will be competitive af. Both Aquaman and Poppins can do $300M+, ASMM can do $100M-$175M, Bumblebee also has a chance for $100M, and Rhapsody might do $150M. The only causality might be Mortal Engines.

Poppins could be the wildcard there. Walt Disney Musical, Poppins, Christmas...anything's possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Poppins could be the wildcard there. Walt Disney Musical, Poppins, Christmas...anything's possible.

If MPR is half as great as the original film and stage musical, it'll be a huge hit. I think doing a sequel rather than a remake might work in its favour. 

WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest of the DCEU

Just now, DeeCee said:

WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest of the DCEU

Well...

yeah

I don't think Mary Poppins Returns will get to $300m.  Saving Mr. Banks didn't do so hot back in 2013, and while it's not the same thing as a Poppins sequel, it doesn't indicate Returns being a monster hit.

Edited by B D Joe

Oh well Ninjagago and Blade Runner are WB's biggest bombs... oh well they have IT and Justice League among others to help out.

Blade Runner's domestic total should be around Terminator Genisys if lucky.

everything else this weekend besides IT, and American Made's overseas run sucks.

So I hope but it may not happen sorry @Mockingjay Raphael  That Happy Death Day breaks out this weekend. As for The Foreigner, I liked the trailer and tv spots. But I don't see it doing much, although China it got off to a decent start there last weekend.