efialtes76

Tuesday Numbers:BR2049 $3.57M...

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

All they need to do is cut the budget in half and we will get another movie in the franchise

I wish.

What will probably happen is that we'll get a sequel in 35 years with double its budget though.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

50-55% 2nd weekend drop seems likely.

As Sun drop was only 21% due to holiday on Monday, the 2nd weekend's Sun-Sun weekly decline will push the weekend drop higher.

Fri-Fri weekly decline will be 70%, Sat-Sat decline will be 55%, Sun-Sun decline will be 60% IMO.

As Sat will be the biggest day of the weekend in absolute numbers, it will try to gravitate the weekend drop towards its 55% weekly decline, but won't be able to help much cause Fri and Sun weekly declines together are too much to counter even by a big Saturday.

Over all weekend drop could be 60-65%.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

As Sun drop was only 21% due to holiday on Monday, the 2nd weekend's Sun-Sun weekly decline will push the weekend drop higher.

Fri-Fri weekly decline will be 70%, Sat-Sat decline will be 55%, Sun-Sun decline will be 60% IMO.

As Sat will be the biggest day of the weekend in absolute numbers, it will try to gravitate the weekend drop towards its 55% weekly decline, but won't be able to help much cause Fri and Sun weekly declines together are too much to counter even by a big Saturday.

Over all weekend drop could be 60-65%.

It's been holding better in Monday and Tuesdy than Dracula Untold. Which had a 57.5% 2nd weekend drop...

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Seems fine by me. It was unrealistic to expect it to hold as well as Girl on the Train did. That drop is much more in line with the older adult skewed films from last year, which this film decisively is. 

Over 35 and over 50 would be more useful here, but Girl on a train was 89% over 25 last year, 81% for Blade Runner this year. And isn't the older the better for movie legs ? The over 50 audience goes in theater in average 16 days after release I think and really do not rush the first weekend like youngers one.

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Over 35 and over 50 would be more useful here, but Girl on a train was 89% over 25 last year, 81% for Blade Runner this year. And isn't the older the better for movie legs ? The over 50 audience goes in theater in average 16 days after release I think and really do not rush the first weekend like youngers one.

Huh guess I remembered wrong thought GotT had skewed younger. 

1 hour ago, Mr Impossible said:

It's been holding better in Monday and Tuesdy than Dracula Untold. Which had a 57.5% 2nd weekend drop...

DU's OD was 1.3 previews + 7.6  true Friday. The 2nd Friday was 2.9, -62% from true Friday and -66% from full Friday.

BR49's OD is 4.0 previews + 8.6 true Friday. So even if it holds better from true Friday and falls -55% to 3.85, then the Fri-Fri drop is -69%, more than DU.

So due to that huge preview front-loading, even doing better than DU sets it behind. It starts of at ~70% Fri-Fri decline, followed by a better Sat-Sat hold but a worse Sun-Sun hold compared to Sat-Sat (guaranteed due 1st Sunday being inflated and falling only 21% thanks to Columbus Day Monday). Can't see how it evades a 60% 2nd weekend drop.

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

DU's OD was 1.3 previews + 7.6  true Friday. The 2nd Friday was 2.9, -62% from true Friday and -66% from full Friday.

BR49's OD is 4.0 previews + 8.6 true Friday. So even if it holds better from true Friday and falls -55% to 3.85, then the Fri-Fri drop is -69%, more than DU.

So due to that huge preview front-loading, even doing better than DU sets it behind. It starts of at ~70% Fri-Fri decline, followed by a better Sat-Sat hold but a worse Sun-Sun hold (guaranteed due 1st Sunday being inflated and falling only 21% thanks to Columbus Day Monday). Can't see how it evades a 60% 2nd weekend drop.

So you’re predicting it to have a worse Friday than its Monday? I don’t buy that even for Colombus Day... 

I think you’re doing math that’s irrelevant... 

Right now to me it’s looking like it’s heading towards 52-54% drop. Could be higher or lower depending on Friday increase or if it holds well or collapses on Wednesday and Thursday...