That One Girl

The Call of the Wild | February 21 2020 | Fox | Coming to digital March 27

Fact is, there have been many attempts to film the Jack London novel, and none have been successful in terms of briging the novel to the screen.

It's frustrating, because I can't explain why without major spoilers, let's just say they insist on turning it into a simple Man loves Dog story, and the novel is much deeper ..and darker...then that.

Another clip - "New Lead Dog":

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been another trailer. Just the one trailer with a handful of spots and a couple clips. I'll likely still end up seeing it but between the CGI dog, the terrible CGI environments and Harrison Ford (who I love, by the way, he's just not a very good actor at all), I'm just not sold at all.

6 hours ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

God, how awkward that seems. I mean, I guess it's no different than Andy Serkis as Gollum interacting with the actors in LotR and The Hobbit, but this feels....different. 

Like I've said before, this is a movie I'd usually bend over backwards for, but it just seems too "fake" given the subject matter. It's so jarring watching a movie called "Call of the Wild" when everything, even the dog, is CGI and filmed on a studio lot. The trailers don't make it feel authentic and "wild" at all.

16 hours ago, shayhiri said:

This is, obviously, the best movie of 2020 winter, no questions asked.

Though, of course, Dolittle comes close.

Can't wait to see it twice, in IMAX - like with Dolittle. Bringing my girlfriend too, though she's a cat person.

Your "COntrarian " shtick is so old and tired.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:38 PM, JB33 said:

God, how awkward that seems. I mean, I guess it's no different than Andy Serkis as Gollum interacting with the actors in LotR and The Hobbit, but this feels....different. 

Like I've said before, this is a movie I'd usually bend over backwards for, but it just seems too "fake" given the subject matter. It's so jarring watching a movie called "Call of the Wild" when everything, even the dog, is CGI and filmed on a studio lot. The trailers don't make it feel authentic and "wild" at all.

Another failed film of the Jack London film. And the scenary is CGI as well???? It's not like they could not find some great wilderness locations...they did with "Revenent.

There have been so many attempts to film the London novel and none have worked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

And that's almost exactly why they'll never make a 100% faithful adaptation of Call of the Wild.

I have to agree.

Spoiler

Buck's reverting back into a wild animal is something you can't put a feel good spin on;ironically if a dog dies you can put a heartwarming spin on that. but not a cute dog reverting back into a predator and joning a wolf pack. Not to mention the death of Thornton.

• Sad 1