kayumanggi

ADDAMS FAMILY | MGM | Oct 11 2019 | 20th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

57 minutes ago, Eric Addams said:

Yeah this wasn’t good. It was basically the 90s movies but all the bite and wit taken out in favor of a boring “be yourself” message with lame suburbia satire. Oscar Isaac was good tho

Spoiler

Also does Cousin ITT (played by Snoop Dogg) speak gibberish the whole time like in the show and whatnot? I hope so. I've always been a fan of animated movies/shows getting big celebrities to play roles where they speak very little, not at all or has their voice altered in some way be it through computer program or talent (Like Sean Penn playing that giant bird in the first Angry Birds movie. Or George Clooney playing a dog on South Park). It's a weird thing to like, I know.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The animation in this looks so cheap. I've seen Disney Channel cartoons made on substantially smaller budgets that look better.

Cinesite (Sausage Party, The Star) did this so no surprise.

9 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Sorry to hear that.

How do you think it'll do BO wise?

idunno

9 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah Snoop does gibberish for the whole thing

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I have my tickets for tomorrow morning, so hopefully I find the movie a little more redeeming (or my kids do:)...I am a sucker for seasonal comedies, so if it delivers something spooky or funny for my $4 ticket, I'll be happy enough:)...

Seasonal comedy - or seasonal movie in general - is probably what the studio is banking on. Given tracking it seems like that will be the case indeed. Halloween is 20 days from now and kids and families like yours probably feel in the mood to go see this.

Interested to see the audience reaction after the weekend.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, TwoMisfits said:

I have my tickets for tomorrow morning, so hopefully I find the movie a little more redeeming (or my kids do:)...I am a sucker for seasonal comedies, so if it delivers something spooky or funny for my $4 ticket, I'll be happy enough:)...

Never got yours and your family's thoughts on it. Did they enjoy it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Never got yours and your family's thoughts on it. Did they enjoy it?

They did - I put my reviews in the weekend thread:).  My spouse was hard on it, but he's been hard on family movies recently.  Kids really liked it...and for me, it was exactly what I thought it would be - a seasonal, pretty funny, but less frenetic romp which won't be that memorable by next year (for grades, it was B- for me, C for the spouse, and A+ to B+ for the kids:)...and Lurch is the best of the characters:)...

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2020/04/the-addams-family-movie-box-office-profit-2019-charlize-theron-oscar-isaac-1202907354/

Co-director Conrad Vernon knows how to make animated features at a budget; his 2016 R-rated Seth Rogen-produced comedy Sausage Party yielded $140.7M at the worldwide box office and $47M in profit off a $19M production cost. Addams Family made more, $203M globally off a $40M production cost (co-financed by Bron Creative, which covered a third) before a $72M global P&A. Universal handled overseas distribution. Participations on an animated movie are traditionally lower than on a live-action feature, and the bulk of the estimated $7M seen here went to Theron. Days after the movie’s solid domestic opening, MGM quickly greenlit The Addams Family 2 and set a release date of October 22, 2021.

76M Profit

• Like 1