Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

with this being Friday the 13th there is a small chance that HDD doesnt get to 22m IF that 9m Friday # holds.... really needs to make 10m+ today....

that blade runner number is not good at all but hopefully it goes up - although its a pretty useless figure to look at without the Friday number.

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

with this being Friday the 13th there is a small chance that HDD doesnt get to 22m IF that 9m Friday # holds.... really needs to make 10m+ today....

that blade runner number is not good at all but hopefully it goes up - although its a pretty useless figure to look at without the Friday number.

It might not get to $20m with a $9m Friday the 13th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Happy Death Day is catching fire on Pulse, I need some Friday estimates now!!!!!

I'm the only one that cares about it perhaps...but google trends on Happy Death Day really taking off.  It is already twice as high as yesterday peaked at with it only being 445pm EST it's a parabolic rise I haven't seen before (granted it would not be possible for an already popular movie like marvel or IT) - https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 1-d&geo=US&q=happy death day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I'm the only one that cares about it perhaps...but google trends on Happy Death Day really taking off.  It is already twice as high as yesterday peaked at with it only being 445pm EST it's a parabolic rise I haven't seen before (granted it would not be possible for an already popular movie like marvel or IT) - https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 1-d&geo=US&q=happy death day

I care, too. It is following the same pattern of other Horror breakouts of this year (Split/GO/IT), good WOM will carry it during the Weekend, and will make it finish above these estimates, like always happens with well received Horror movies. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Produced by Studio 6 and distributed by Annapurna, Professor Marston and the Wonder Women is coming in behind expectations. The film is pacing to open in the $1 million range from 1,229 theaters.

Annapurna doesn't know how to distribute movies.  That opening was way to big way too fast

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Annapurna doesn't know how to distribute movies.  That opening was way to big way too fast

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Youch, that is bad for Professor Marston. Can't say I'm surprised though, never saw any marketing for it. Annapurna really needs to step up their game.

Annapurna should have partnered with Sony or WB. I know they want to make it on their own but clearly they need some help

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Only the Brave: $18M

Boo 2 (many Madea movies): $18M

Geostorm: $10M

The Snowman: $4M

No idea about Same Kind of Different as Me.

TYLER PERRY'S BOO 2! A MADEA HALLOWEEN: 17M

Only the Brave: 14M

Geostorm: 9M

The Snowman: 3.5M

Same Kind of Different: 2.5M