kayumanggi

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE | 557.6 M overseas ● 962.1 M worldwide

Jumanji is now the 3rd biggest film of all time here in Malaysia, with strong possibility to beat F8 to become the 2nd biggest, the re-open of school and the end of holiday season may keeping it from overtaking F7,which is all time #1...

either way, the top 3 highest grossing film of malaysia, are all feature the rock!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If it does 150 in China, what's the OS looking like...500+?

It could displace GOTG2 and SMH from global 2017 charts for all we know.

I don't think $150 million is on the table anymore with the huge breakout from local film Ex-File 3 in China. According to @POTUS the presales  for Jumanji are weak currently and suggest an opening weekend around $25 million. It could have stronger walk-up business than usual though.

Edited by KP1025
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I don't think $150 million is on the table anymore with the huge breakout from local film Ex-File 3 in China. According to @POTUS the presales  for Jumanji are weak currently and suggest an opening weekend around $25 million. It could have stronger walk-up business than usual though.

wow, big surprise. with that ow would need 3x just to get to half of $150 (which honestly is too big a number anyway so won't be a big deal to go below). $75 total in china would be great too. just that expectations got inflated off late. same happened with POTC5. $200-225 was considered a given with early pre-sales and then $170+ looked low.

• Like 1

China's gross won't even need to be all that special for $500M international at this point. Holdovers should easily hit $400M, and then add in whatever Japan grosses. 

EDIT: I'd say that $800M worldwide is a lock. Domestic seems to be be heading to at least IT numbers. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1

275 is way more than I was expecting for this weekend, so yeah it should easily top 400 from current market, probably land around 425 is my guess right now.

Plus 330+ domestic, plus 50+ china, plus something from Japan,  800 is in the bag I think with a possibilities going quite a bit higher.

3 hours ago, Mr Impossible said:

Sony needed this. Hopefully it’ll teach em that quality does matter! 

Yeah... quality

but it wasnt grim and dark and bitter taste leaving like that other box Office ”hit” about Disaster jedi