Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

And when was that? :) he was more hyped for acting naked than that those movies were any good. 

There's a weird strain of people on this forum who don't seem to appreciate that Shame is a legitimately good movie.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Audiences do not find Fassbender likable. It's been proven time and time again.

He should try a comedy for a change. Maybe a Paul Feig film (given his knack for casting actors not known for comedy - Rose Byrne, Jason Statham, Chris Hemsworth - in silly parts) or even a Seth Rogen movie, since they worked together on Steve Jobs.

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Fassbender suffers from Colin Farrell syndrome: a character actor cast in leading man roles because of his looks. He'll never be a draw, but I've always found him very watchable.

What? Colin is actually HOT. fassbender' fans who appreciate his looks are a niche. (i have not seen shame). he does not have leading man looks

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm sure Snowman looked fantastic on paper. 

I mean apparently, they didn't even shoot the whole script. I'm sure when Fassbender signed on to do The Snowman, it seemed like a much more coherent film, instead of what it turned into.

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Madea Cinematic Universe is happening.

Madea vs The Easter Bunny

Madea vs The Leprechaun 

Madea's Valentine: Fifty Shades of Madea

This Halloween based franchise started from a throwaway joke from a Chris Rock movie which was supposed to show how Hollywood will create a franchise from anything.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Fassbender suffers from Colin Farrell syndrome: a character actor cast in leading man roles because of his looks. He'll never be a draw, but I've always found him very watchable.

Most modern day actors aren't draws anyway. People are very selective when it comes to seeing films these days, anyway. It's the streaming ageafter all. 

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Been a fan of Fassbender since Inglorious Basterds.

Loved him in Days of Future Past and Alien Covenant too.

The first film I remember him was his short role in 300, but I actually first really noticed him in Inglorious Basterds "All the way down sir!", and then I watched Hunger. I've been a fan ever since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

This Halloween based franchise started from a throwaway joke from a Chris Rock movie which was supposed to show how Hollywood will create a franchise from anything.

You can’t but admire Tyler Perry for taking an idea and rolling with it.

His films do nonexistent business OS, the only films I’ve seen him in is Star Trek, Gone Girl and Alex Cross

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He should try a comedy for a change. Maybe a Paul Feig film (given his knack for casting actors not known for comedy - Rose Byrne, Jason Statham, Chris Hemsworth - in silly parts) or even a Seth Rogen movie, since they worked together on Steve Jobs.

I'd like to see him try comedy.

17 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

There's a weird strain of people on this forum who don't seem to appreciate that Shame is a legitimately good movie.

I think it's awful. But Fassbender is the only real reason to see it. 

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I mean apparently, they didn't even shoot the whole script. I'm sure when Fassbender signed on to do The Snowman, it seemed like a much more coherent film, instead of what it turned into.

Yeah. I'm as cynical about studios as anyone but what I don't understand is essentially killing and burying your own movie - that you already poured an eight-figure budget into - by not allowing the director to do something as basic as finish shooting the script. I mean, what? 

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Most modern day actors aren't draws anyway. People are very selective when it comes to seeing films these days, anyway. It's the streaming ageafter all. 

The first film I remember him was his short role in 300, but I actually first really noticed him in Inglorious Basterds "All the way down sir!", and then I watched Hunger. I've been a fan ever since.

There’s also the fact that audiences seem to get less interested in watching a movie when Fassbender is in it

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-hunger-games-mockingjay-box-office-1201600785/

"In fall anticipation surveys, interest in Steve Jobs dropped 7.9% when people were told Fassbender was the star. And while I kinda get that one given the lack of resemblance, interest in Macabeth drops 23.5% when Fassbender and Cotillard are paired with the film- which baffles me and makes me wonder if Fassbender isn't sparking any interest in audiences".

• Like 1