Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I have no idea what happened in Game of Thrones this past week, but why is suddenly the whole internet screaming than Benioff and Weiss have done a horrible job throughout the entire series? 

Like... you didn't like an episode or two? Do the other 7 SEASONS mean nothing to you?

• Like 2

Just now, DAJK said:

I have no idea what happened in Game of Thrones this past week, but why is suddenly the whole internet screaming than Benioff and Weiss have done a horrible job throughout the entire series? 

Like... you didn't like an episode or two? Do the other 7 SEASONS mean nothing to you?

As someone who hasn't watched a single episode of the series, I find the arguing going on right now (mostly twitter from I've seen so far) pretty damn hilarious.

• Like 1

So... has anyone else accepted just how big the inevitable Game of Thrones Animated Season 6-8 redux in the same vain as ‘Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood’ is gonna be on the WarnerMedia streaming app? 2022 can’t come soon enough.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

So... has anyone else accepted just how big the inevitable Game of Thrones Animated Season 6-8 redux in the same vain as ‘Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood’ is gonna be on the WarnerMedia streaming app? 2022 can’t come soon enough.

Too many streaming services. HBO Go has the best library, I hope it doesn't get folded into WarnerMedia.

I'm interested to see how the GoT prequel series performs, we'll see how much demand these last two seasons burned off. Either way, if they do an "animated redux", unless the animation is incredibly shitty, I can't see it performing well. It's like when Star Wars fanboys demanded a Last Jedi remake, it's a waste of resources.

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

Too many streaming services. HBO Go has the best library, I hope it doesn't get folded into WarnerMedia.

I'm interested to see how the GoT prequel series performs, we'll see how much demand these last two seasons burned off. Either way, if they do an "animated redux", unless the animation is incredibly shitty, I can't see it performing well. It's like when Star Wars fanboys demanded a Last Jedi remake, it's a waste of resources.

Netflix is old news, it’s all about the monster streaming combo. First it’s the Hulu+Disney+ monster service, then it’ll be the WarnerMedia+HBO+Crunchyroll mega bundle.

29 minutes ago, AJG said:

Netflix is old news, it’s all about the monster streaming combo. First it’s the Hulu+Disney+ monster service, then it’ll be the WarnerMedia+HBO+Crunchyroll mega bundle.

Disney+ is gonna be huge since it's foolish to bet against Disney IP's at this point (unless you're Aladdin), but I don't know if WarnerMedia will be a hit at all to be fair. Seems like Disney+ is gonna win the streaming war, and then Netflix a close second.

51 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I’ve had mixed thoughts on the episode, but it really doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the series as a whole.  Most of the fans I think are overreacting about how “awful” it is.  

I think Thrones is probably too popular now for its own good.  Meaning, everyone wants something different from the show, and it can only really deliver one thing.  So, while there are some pretty big issues with a few episodes this season, I think those issues are getting hyperbolized by some fans disliking the direction the plot decided to take (that’s not to say some of the big complaints this season are or are not legitimate.  The fans I’m talking about there are the ones petitioning for a remake of season 8 ) 😎

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DAJK said:

frothing nerdrage

Everyone agrees Seasons 1-4 are really great, Season 5 is a dip but not awful, and Season 6 is really strong.  Season 7 isn't great but at least its never boring.  I don't know what happened with S8 but they shit the bed HARD lol.  I actually I do know what happened, it needed 1 more 10 episode season.  Basically everyone is shitting on D&D because this is season is really bad and they said no to HBO when they wanted more seasons.

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

TsnzJMG.jpg

So... what’s happened that made this white male viewpoint so prevalent? Did something happen plot-wise or did she just find out Benioff and Weiss are white?

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So... what’s happened that made this white male viewpoint so prevalent? Did something happen plot-wise or did she just find out Benioff and Weiss are white?

A big female MC had a 180 swerve in her writing.

• Like 1

I accepted before the season even premiered that Game of Thrones delivering an ending that would satisfy everybody was always going to be an impossible task. That said, I can't say the anger and outrage at the...questionable...writing decisions towards the end haven't been entertaining. I'd say "burn the whole fucking thing down" but is there anything even left to burn down after the penultimate episode?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Basically everyone is shitting on D&D because this is season is really bad and they said no to HBO when they wanted more seasons.

A bunch of Star Wars spin-offs that are likely to go the way of Solo resulted in a rushed, shitty ending to one of the biggest shows in TV history. lol

36 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Major plot point involving dragon queen lady.  I love the idea of it actually and it should've happened over the course of a 10 episode final season, not in the 2nd to last episode in the final season.

What happened isn't even a "white male viewpoint", she's just a moron.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, The Big Bang Theory ends tomorrow. Rather happy about it, not gonna lie. I've never hated the show (a large portion of which only came after it was popular), but it definitely ceased being actually funny a while ago. Hoping it doesn't end with something stupid like Sheldon getting a piano dropped on him since Jim Parsons not wanting to do it anymore is the main reason why it's ending, but as far as I know he and Chuck Lorre are still on good terms, unlike Lorre and Charlie Sheen (reminder that Two and a Half Men had the weirdest ending ever to a sitcom).

Edited by filmlover