Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Has anyone else here read Sally Jane Black's reviews on letterboxd? She's probably the most interesting and frustrating reviewer I've seen. She somehow turns everything into something racist or sexist (unless of course, the film does exactly what she wants). She does have some interesting commentary but all of this is droned out by her nonsensical rants and her radical communist agenda (she thinks all communism is good communism and one of my least favourite reviews from her is the Atomic Blonde one where she hates the film for showing the USSR and East Germany in a bad light). 

And she tries to make a statement about how America is filled with imperialism but at the same time supports China and North Korea. She also pushes her own Americanised interpretations on foreign films (check out her review of Parasite) as justifiable because she's American and I find that hypocritical.

She's not a bad reviewer because she does put a lot of effort into her writing but she's frustrating because she dismisses entire movies because of small qualms and because they don't line up with her own extremely biased view of the world.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • ...wtf 1

On 12/5/2019 at 10:50 PM, elcaballero said:

Jerry Jones has to tarmac Garrett after tonight's performance, right?

No. Garrett def has some dirt on Jones. Only thing that explains Jones hanging on tight to Garrett despite Garrett wasting away so many talented players careers. 

Y'know, there are a good many modestly budgeted comedies I've gone to see this year where I've thought "This kind of movie will go straight to Netflix in a few years," but no movie fits that bill more completely than Last Christmas. Christmas theme that makes for a timely release and audience ready to watch something cheery at home? Check. Recognizable names on both sides of the camera? Check. 2.00:1 aspect ratio? Check.