Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

As much as I love movies and the talent, I feel disgusted at how everyone in Hollywood knew what Harvey Weinstein was doing, and not only they did nothing to stop it, they also helped him bury the career of his victims. I understand not trying to stop him for thinking he couldn't be stopped, but not even feeling sorry for the actresses and giving them job opportunities? That's cold. Some of the magic is gone for me. Except for Zack Snyder movies, he is the only good guy there.

Edited by Napoleon

I follow Rian Johnson on twitter just so I can see the insanity in his mentions.  I don’t know if I feel bad for the guy at this point or am jealous he gets so much comedy every day.

(Not making any of these up)

*Rian Johnson tweets about a board game called murdered she wrote*

Loony: Murder HE Wrote! *picture of Star Wars*

*Rian Johnson tweets a joke about Netflix auto playing music*

Loony: “It’s funny you moaning about something you don’t like, yet you fail to listen to the millions of Star Wars fans who hate what you did to THEIR franchise. So I guess you can suck it up baby. Also I’m gonna laugh when you get the boot off the new trilogy.”

*Rian Johnson asking followers to say yes to Frank Oz’s question if he should do movie commentary*

Loony: “If you had checked with Star Wars fans before Last Jedi and said “will this ruin Star Wars?” You would have gotten the same answer.”

No matter what the dude tweets, he has the same dudes ranting about TLJ on his feed.  It’s almost like those people who manage to rant about politics on every Facebook comment section, no matter the article or video.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

Taylor Swift can't sing.

Sad but true.

Up until the early/Mid Eighties, she wouldn't have been able to get a career.

Since then, plenty of tools have been developped to make barely capable singers sound decent in a studio and live setting.

Yay technology !

Her 1989 album is fun to listen to but I would thank Genius pop producer Max Martin for that, he s been doing it for the last 20 years better than anyone.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Taylor Swift can't sing.

Sad but true.

Since then, plenty of tools have been developped to make barely capable singers sound decent in a studio and live setting.

Yay technology !

Her 1989 album is fun to listen too but I would thank Genius pop producer Max Martin for that, he s been doing it for the last 20 years better than anyone.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said is wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Sales do matter when calling something underrated. BP made $700m, destroyed Twitter, and has 90 something RT score, it cant be underrated. Stranger Things is the most hyped show since Flintstones, and it was well recieved, it cant be underrated.

Taylor can hold a concert on a gaint sheet of ice in the middle of thr Arctic Ocean and itll sell out. Thats not underrated my dude.

That's not album/single sales though....

I am not saying that Taylor Swift isn't successful. I am just pointing out that in the curent situation that the music is in, you can sell 2 million albums and yet less people to have listened to your album than another artist that sells 0.5m.

No one buys albums any more. There are a ton of country artists that because they have an old fanbase, sell more than some of industries bigger names. They are definetely not as big though.

Sales-->fanbase royalty/older demographics appeal

Stream numbers-->Relevance/GA appeal.

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Amazing. Every word of what you just said is wrong.

It actually isn't which is surprising for The Futurist...

TS is a subpar vocalist at best. There are a ton of artists that make it in the music industry big time and struggle to produce a live performance.

51 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Taylor Swift can't sing.

Sad but true.

Yay technology !

Her 1989 album is fun to listen to but I would thank Genius pop producer Max Martin for that, he s been doing it for the last 20 years better than anyone.

Up until the late 90s actually, when Britney Spears arrived on the scene and was marketed to use teen sexuality to sell records instead of talent. From then on it was downhill for pop music. 

The Tale on HBO was one seriously fucked up movie. Laura Dern >>. 

12 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

I follow Rian Johnson on twitter just so I can see the insanity in his mentions.  I don’t know if I feel bad for the guy at this point or am jealous he gets so much comedy every day.

Loony: “It’s funny you moaning about something you don’t like, yet you fail to listen to the millions of Star Wars fans who hate what you did to THEIR franchise. So I guess you can suck it up baby. Also I’m gonna laugh when you get the boot off the new trilogy.”

*Rian Johnson asking followers to say yes to Frank Oz’s question if he should do movie commentary*

Loony: “If you had checked with Star Wars fans before Last Jedi and said “will this ruin Star Wars?” You would have gotten the same answer.”

No matter what the dude tweets, he has the same dudes ranting about TLJ on his feed.  It’s almost like those people who manage to rant about politics on every Facebook comment section, no matter the article or video.

I don’t think Last Jedi is the greatest thing ever but these fanboys claiming the film ruined their childhood are fucking morons.

If one single film can ruin your childhood, you never really had one to begin with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I don’t think Last Jedi is the greatest thing ever but these fanboys claiming the film ruined their childhood are fucking morons.

If one single film can ruin your childhood, you never really had one to begin with.

Nostalgia is both the best and the worst thing to ever happen to pop culture.

Watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Some fantastic music in here and a great lead character & performance, only wish that any of the story in between the songs had actually gotten to me. Pretty rushed and surface-level as it is. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Then you wouldn’t have missed this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1