Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

What is this garbage

A world where the only way to get our ‘art film’ comic book movies is through a bad boy Joker origin story or a potential Birdman sequel.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Non-human princesses aren't allowed, according to random articles I found on the Internet. Better luck next time.

wow thought disney had moved on from this racist ass songs of the south era of backwards thinking smh.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow thought disney had moved on from this racist ass songs of the south era of backwards thinking smh.

I remember reading that the Disney streaming service was going to feature all Disney programming and movies from throughout their history. Surprised they didn't put an asterisk next to it saying "except Song of the South" because they're always gonna keep that movie away from being easily available like they have for decades.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I remember reading that the Disney streaming service was going to feature all Disney programming and movies from throughout their history. Surprised they didn't put an asterisk next to it saying "except Song of the South" because they're always gonna keep that movie away from being easily available like they have for decades.

Disney will have a section that says “yeah we made these i guess but we prefer if you wouldn’t remember them, don’t click here please we beg of you.”. Song of the South will be placed next to The Pacifier and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

12 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Thrououghbreds was pretty disappointing. Cool cinematography, but it doesn’t really do anything with its premise. The ending would’ve been a lot more effective if the main characters had actually progressed throughout the movie and not just in the last 10 minutes. I didn’t hate it, but the film’s just sort of eh.

Ironic that you say this considering the whole movie strikes me as being about self-improvement without personal growth. I'd say ATJ's character progresses throughout... progresses towards showing who she really was all this time, that is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Disney will have a section that says “yeah we made these i guess but we prefer if you wouldn’t remember them, don’t click here please we beg of you.”. Song of the South will be placed next to The Pacifier and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Hopefully now that Disney has Avatar, they can put Pocahontas in the “Please forget about this” pile too.

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

All this Song of the South talk just makes me want to see it more. Total Streisand effect. 

I feel like Disney will release it at some point officially just because it's become such a curiosity. Even Whoopi Goldberg (who recently became a Disney Legend) has come out in support of them to do so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

All this Song of the South talk just makes me want to see it more. Total Streisand effect. 

Members of Disney Movie Club (yes, that's a thing) have access in purchasing exclusive movies, which basically consist of a bunch of live-action Disney movies from the 50s and 60s nobody remembers and a few Disney Afternoon releases. It feels like at some point, Disney will either sell it there, or at a super expensive price that only Disney collectors and enthusiasts would want to purchase it, with those WB-esque disclaimers about how racist the movie was