Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

atlanta getting shut out doesn't surprise me considering how weird it got in season 2 even if i loved it. i loved Mrs Maisel too and i'm glad it (and especially rachel brosnahan) were able to sneak some wins in the gap year before Veep comes back to sweep next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the whole thing was just awkward to me. doing the nominees before the presenter came out was weird. i'd never seen the two hosts before and they were pretty lame.

The presenter banter felt way out of place after the nominees were announced. No one wants to listen to the bad jokes at that time, just announce the winner.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The presenter banter felt way out of place after the nominees were announced. No one wants to listen to the bad jokes at that time, just announce the winner.

The proposal is the only moment anyone's gonna remember about the show a week from now. At least it's a moment that'll be included in future montages though. I'm pretty sure that's the first time a marriage proposal has ever occurred at any of these awards shows?

On 9/6/2018 at 12:46 AM, AJG said:

Anyone else really baffled by the handling of the Tomb Raider franchise? The Xbox exclusivity killed the momentum the games were building up (and probably the reason they didn’t try that shit again), and the new game is being realeased a week after SpiderMan, 2k19, and a week before FIFA. I forgot the thing was even happening.

Sales down 70% from the 2013 game and got beaten by SpiderMan which is only on one platform. Tomb Raider has had a trash year. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-17-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-physical-sales-down-on-tomb-raider-reboot

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Sales down 70% from the 2013 game and got beaten by SpiderMan which is only on one platform. Tomb Raider has had a trash year. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-17-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-physical-sales-down-on-tomb-raider-reboot

I think it was always set for a decline of sorts, since the reception to the first one was good, but not not necessarily amazing and some people really hated the direction they took. But Rise was a terrible mistake across the board in terms of handling, made even funnier by the fact that Uncharted 4 ended up being delayed, so they wouldn't have even had issues differentiating itself from the competition. I'm presuming that was a factor in MS seeking out Tomb Raider and Square taking the money.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Not judging, but it's amusing to see adults online getting worked up over an Avatar show. 

Korra was more marketed to the adults/teenagers who grew up with the show than children; don't see what's wrong with people correctly assuming this is the same demographic push

also like why do this world in live-action with the A:TLA story? there's multiple issues that come up immediately with this announcement and I'll be shocked if the show addresses them right

Could end up being the worst TV rating for the Emmy ratings since they track them and 40% down 2013.

Will see how much it is because people do not care anymore about Game of Thrones, This is US or streaming/cable platform dominating too much speculation will do vs award show rating is going down no matter what narrative

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Could end up being the worst TV rating for the Emmy ratings since they track them and 40% down 2013.

Will see how much it is because people do not care anymore about Game of Thrones, This is US or streaming/cable platform dominating too much speculation will do vs award show rating is going down no matter what narrative

This should be a message to the Academy that adding a Popular Movie Oscar will do nothing for their ratings.

• Like 1