Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 9/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, filmlover said:

This Netflix series with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill is getting mostly solid reviews so far with most of the praise unsurprisingly going to Stone. Actress in a Miniseries/TV Movie is gonna be wild next year if she competes along with Amy and Michelle Williams (for that Fosse/Verdon series), though it'll likely be between the latter two for the win.

I started watching it today and tbh it seems too out there to be really competitive at the Emmys

The Predator was a fucking gigantic mess. It feels like elements of a good movie were stringed together, but the stuff that was salvaged wasn't even good! There were a couple of good laughs at least.

A Simple Favor otoh fucking RULES. It took a little while for me to get fully invested because I kept thinking it was ripping off something, but it's not a ripoff of anything really (you'll know what I'm referring to if you've seen ASF lol). Blake Lively has one of the best performances of the year, and Kendrick and Golding are pretty damn great too. It's a nice little fucked up movie!

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

How is TellTale games shutting down? Ive never liked those game (bad writing, annoying controls) but I always thought they had an audience.

Apparently everything other than Walking Dead and Minecraft Story Mode lost money, with Batman losing a ton of money in particular 

16 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

American Vandal S2 was excellent. Solidified itself as one of Netflix's best series . Guessing a S3 is on the way though who knows how long they'll keep this up. Really thought it would be a one-hit wonder.

I am like four episodes in and OBSESSED. Gonna finish it after my work appointment