Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Dug Outlaw King quite a bit. Kinda squishes a lot into a little and most of the side characters could use some fleshing out but it's got really self-assured direction and some great performances from the leads. Plus it got that Netflix money; shit looks niiiice.

Gotta say I'm not familiar enough with Scottish accents to say if Chris Peen pulled that aspect off. Seemed okay to my untrained ears.

49 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Dug Outlaw King quite a bit. Kinda squishes a lot into a little and most of the side characters could use some fleshing out but it's got really self-assured direction and some great performances from the leads. Plus it got that Netflix money; shit looks niiiice.

Gotta say I'm not familiar enough with Scottish accents to say if Chris Peen pulled that aspect off. Seemed okay to my untrained ears.

Does it get better in the second half because I saw the first half last night and it felt rushed as hell.

So I haven't had time to go to the movies in a very long time because of college, though mainly because Hurricane Florence eliminated an entire month's worth of the semester, thus cramming a lot of the work into one space. It particularly hurts when theaters in my town have managed to get specialty films like:

Beautiful Boy

Boy Erased

Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Here and Now

Mid-90s

The Wife

and theaters are now playing some really intriguing films I've wanted to see for a while like:

First Man

Halloween

Smallfoot

and ones that are just coming out or about to come out, like:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Instant Family

Overlord

Widows

and ones that my university, my very own second chance junction, played in their theater, like:

Crazy Rich Asians

Love, Simon

And I've either missed or wasn't able to see any of the ones I just listed. I was able to watch First Reformed last night, but that was the film that I had chosen for a group paper that I have to write for my religion class as an added assignment because of - you guessed it - Hurricane Florence.

(First Reformed is excellent btw.)

But I'm going to try and focus on the 5 papers I have to write before Thanksgiving on top of everything else I have to do as a student. Maybe then, I'll be able to see some of the movies that I'm interested in.

8 hours ago, AndyK said:

Oh dear.

Box Office Wise: A Quiet Place, Halloween, The Nun, The Meg?

Quality Wise: A Quiet Place, Hereditary, Halloween?

Plus, there's The Haunting of Hill House when it comes to TV.

Pretty decent year for horror actually.  Not as strong as last year, but last year was abnormally good for horror.

• Like 1

Just heard about the passing of John Rogers, the president of San Diego Comic Con, due to brain cancer. Tragic day for fandom. Rogers and his team worked tirelessly to make the convention better for the Con-goers. And before the 50th! So, so, so upsetting. 

16 hours ago, aabattery said:

I watched last night too and liked it.   

• Like 1