Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Can You Ever Forgive Me? is really quite good - a better version of what Woody Allen has been doing for like 40 years now. McCarthy is a treasure. I never quite got the Richard E. Grant hype on here/the internet, but after seeing him in this I believe this man should be cast in every film made moving forward. Wouldn't be upset to see either of them bring home a trophy in February tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Can You Ever Forgive Me? is really quite good - a better version of what Woody Allen has been doing for like 40 years now. McCarthy is a treasure. I never quite got the Richard E. Grant hype on here/the internet, but after seeing him in this I believe this man should be cast in every film made moving forward. Wouldn't be upset to see either of them bring home a trophy in February tbh.

you ever seen withnail & i? 100% of the fanboyism about richard e grant comes from that. he never really lived up to the promise of how great he is in that movie in anything else, tho i haven't seen this new one yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

you ever seen withnail & i? 100% of the fanboyism about richard e grant comes from that. he never really lived up to the promise of how great he is in that movie in anything else, tho i haven't seen this new one yet.

I have not! My primary experience with him is Gosford Park (good) and Logan (his subplot brings down the whole movie). But now that I've seen this I am definitely going to check it out since it comes recommended so highly! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Doing Danny Boyle's filmography and oh my, it has not been easy.

His movies I saw are either fine or really good (the best one for me is Steve Jobs). I remember being really annoyed by 28 Days Later but that was a long time ago.

Now Ron Roward that's a famous director I really hate every movie even though I have no bias, I just happen to not enjoy anything he does. And that's funny because he doesn't have a distinctive style that annoys me, he even does different types of movies, yet I always feel like they're overestimated. The funniest thing is the only Ron Roward movie I actually enjoyed watching was Angels & Demons, and it is based on a book that I hated.

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I have not! My primary experience with him is Gosford Park (good) and Logan (his subplot brings down the whole movie). But now that I've seen this I am definitely going to check it out since it comes recommended so highly! 

I'm also very fond of HOW TO GET AHEAD IN ADVERTISING, and given your particular political/social opinions, I think you might enjoy it as well.

• Like 1

well since the Eagles season is 99.9% over, I guess my Sundays are even more free to do other stuff

I know it's hard to repeat, but geez, they probably won't even make the playoffs.

I am still extremely happy to get the first Super Bowl win but it didn't have to be followed up by a dud of a season.

Edited by 75Live

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

well since the Eagles season is 99.9% over, I guess my Sundays are even more free to do other stuff

I know it's hard to repeat, but geez, they probably won't even make the playoffs.

I am still extremely happy to get the first Super Bowl win but it didn't have to be followed up by a dud of a season.

I think 9-7 is good enough to win the division to be honest. Not saying the Eagles are gonna win it or anything just that I'm not exactly sold on the Redskins and what their record says it is. They still have to play Dallas again (should have lost the first match up but Dallas is gonna Dallas) and they play the Eagles twice. The Eagles will most likely lose against the Saints and Rams but if they can win the other games, ya never know. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I think 9-7 is good enough to win the division to be honest. Not saying the Eagles are gonna win it or anything just that I'm not exactly sold on the Redskins and what their record says it is. They still have to play Dallas again (should have lost the first match up but Dallas is gonna Dallas) and they play the Eagles twice. The Eagles will most likely lose against the Saints and Rams but if they can win the other games, ya never know. 

I hear you and not being negative, but this team has shown nothing that they can win out (other than the Rams and Saints which are probably losses).  I agree that mathematically they will never be out of it due to the awful division, but there are no games they should win at this point.  They have proven that that can't even win 2 games in a row this year so at this point, they aren't favorites over any team the rest of the  year, except maybe the Giants who are just putrid 😛