Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I just argued with someone who said Fifty Shades is a good trilogy and way better than all superhero movies. They said that they liked the BDSM romance story and found it "way more interesting than those formulaic films that never change from the same thing".

I guess there's tastes for everything. But some opinions........ is there a way to say that they are objectively wrong?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I just argued with someone who said Fifty Shades is a good trilogy and way better than all superhero movies. They said that they liked the BDSM romance story and found it "way more interesting than those formulaic films that never change from the same thing".

I guess there's tastes for everything. But some opinions........ is there a way to say that they are objectively wrong?

well they aren't wrong about the superhero stuff but to say Fifty shades is a good trilogy is another story 😛

just tell them they are 50 shades of wrong or to quote the book they are 50 shades of f**ked up for thinking that way  :lol: 

• Haha 1

There is a valid compliant that Superhero files can be the same, but usually they are the same people who go out and watch the same horror or romantic comedies that are generally the same too. 

Point is each genre has a great diversity inside of it and even most MCU fans dont like all the MCU films. 

• Like 2

We all know in a few years Universal will try and make a buck one last time with the Fifty Shades franchise by making that book E.L. James wrote from Christian's perspective into a movie (without Dornan or Johnson's involvement) and it'll go about as well as The Girl in the Spider's Web.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I mean, yeah, they're not wholly wrong about the superhero genre, but the Fifty Shades thing is quite something else :rofl:

people obviously like what they like so I won't tell them they are wrong about that part.  But I can see they are wrong about it being a good set of movies.  However, we all like at least one "bad" movie so it's not an insult to say that :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We all know in a few years Universal will try and make a buck one last time with the Fifty Shades franchise by making that book E.L. James wrote from Christian's perspective into a movie (without Dornan or Johnson's involvement) and it'll go about as well as The Girl in the Spider's Web.

I dunno, these Fifty Shades movies are pretty cheap (relatively speaking to the popularity of the books) and if Universal somehow manages to bring back Dornan and Dakota, it'll make a healthy profit. Even if not, if they keep the budget down, it could still make them money.... unfortunately. (At least they didn't split Freed into two parts, amirite?)

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I dunno, these Fifty Shades movies are pretty cheap (relatively speaking to the popularity of the books) and if Universal somehow manages to bring back Dornan and Dakota, it'll make a healthy profit. Even if not, if they keep the budget down, it could still make them money.... unfortunately. (At least they didn't split Freed into two parts, amirite?)

The book is essentially a remake of the first book/movie but from Christian's perspective lol. Dornan and Johnson will have aged out of the roles (nor would they be interested in returning in all likelihood) by the time Universal decides to make it so they would go with people from the next line of ingenues.

• Like 1