Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Robin Hood '18 feels like one of those movies where you have to wonder why they moved forward with a project that sounded like a flop in waiting on paper other than to probably fill a Sunday afternoon on F/X.

DiCaprio is probably on the powerful side of producers but also and mainly I think that the perfect type of package for Liongates risk wise.

Similar to God of Egypt, just big enough, with just enough name recognition in a genre that sell well oversea for them to be able to almost finance all of it with International pre-sales and partners, not necessarily making much if it succeed with that level of risk sharing but not loosing much of anything if it fail while keeping room to make money on the sequels in the long shot possibility of it succeeding, a good Robin Hood movie could have work.

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Taron Egerton is sexy as hell, but even I can't bring myself to see Robin Hood. Now if this had Sexy Eggsy voicing an anthropomorphic fox, then things would be different.

When I got the trailer at Overlord today, I noticed how swole he looks in that sweater 🤔

It’s time for this movie to release. Enough of that maddening trailer.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

When I got the trailer at Overlord today, I noticed how swole he looks in that sweater 🤔

It’s time for this movie to release. Enough of that maddening trailer.

Just be grateful you haven't been subjected to the On the Basis of Sex trailer on an endless basis. I swear I can almost recite that thing by now. And the oldies are totally gonna lap that movie up too probably! I heard some grandma say "I have to see that!" when seeing Boy Erased over the weekend.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just be grateful you haven't been subjected to the On the Basis of Sex trailer on an endless basis. I swear I can almost recite that thing by now. And the oldies are totally gonna lap that movie up too probably! I heard some grandma say "I have to see that!" when seeing Boy Erased over the weekend.

I've only gotten the trailer at Crazy Rich Asians a few months ago, but it got a good reception there.

36 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Robin Hood '18 feels like one of those movies where you have to wonder why they moved forward with a project that sounded like a flop in waiting on paper other than to probably fill a Sunday afternoon on F/X.

No lie I’ll probably have it on during said Sunday afternoon 

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Was going to see Widows this afternoon, but the projector must've broke because all remaining showtimes were cancelled :jeb!: They moved the 1:30 show to a different auditorium, but eh. I'll see it another time.

A bigger auditorium hopefully because it's what Olivia the dog deserves.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A bigger auditorium hopefully because it's what Olivia the dog deserves.

Nope, it got shoved into the smallest auditorium lmao

tbh I'm kind of scared to see it in a theater full of conservative seniors. NOTHING indicates this is a movie with political issues in it from the marketing, and clueless seniors will just see Robert Duvall on the poster and go "Let's see that!"

Edited by WrathOfHan

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nope, it got shoved into the smallest auditorium lmao

tbh I'm kind of scared to see it in a theater full of conservative seniors. NOTHING indicates this is a movie with political issues in it from the marketing, and clueless seniors will just see Robert Duvall on the poster and go "Let's see that!"

Considering the numbers, you won't have to worry about the theater being too full of walking dead.