Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Buster Scruggs is a good Coens joint. It’s one of the most unique movies they’ve done, and all but one of the chapters are pretty strong (unfortunately the longest one is the worst one).

I was mixed on the whole thing.  Overall, I liked it and it’s worth watching for being such a unique entry.

I just don’t think the parts meshed together well for a fine whole.  Oddly enough, the skit that felt the most complete to me also irked me because of a few choices it made (the one you said was your least favorite).

I wish they had picked maybe three sketches instead and developed them into 40 minute bits (and definitely cut Meal Ticket, really didnt care for that one)

Edited by PANDA
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

18 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I was mixed on the whole thing.  Overall, I liked it and it’s worth watching for being such a unique entry.

I just don’t think the parts meshed together well for a fine whole.  Oddly enough, the skit that felt the most complete to me also irked me because of a few choices it made (the one you said was your least favorite).

I wish they had picked maybe three sketches instead and developed them into 40 minute bits (and definitely cut Meal Ticket, really didnt care for that one)

Yeah. I wasn’t jamming with Meal Ticket until it was almost over, but the payoff is good. Kind of the same deal with All Gold Canyon. My ranking of every chapter:

Buster Scruggs

The Mortal Remains

Near Algodones

All Gold Canyon

Meal Ticket

The Gal Who Got Rattled 

• Like 1

How come no one has mentioned Blindspotting in here yet? I thought it was terrific, a much better look at race than certain recent lauded movies. That little rap at the end a bit too much, tho.

Still, one of my favorites of the year.

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

How come no one has mentioned Blindspotting in here yet? I thought it was terrific, a much better look at race than certain recent lauded movies. That little rap at the end a bit too much, tho.

it's in my top 10, currently. loved it too.

26 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I need to get on this. Blanks is a big fan too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Saw Green Book today with my mom in an audience full of white seniors (who loved the hell out of the movie). @WrathOfHan beware.

Sounds like my Friday screening. There were a couple of thirtysomethings in the crowd, so at least I wasn't the youngest there by more than more than a decade. ;)