Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

47 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

She, Stewart, and Pattinson are like the only people among the cast (the younger ones, at least) that isn’t completely irrelevant in 2018. Although Ashley Greene did just get casted in Jay Roach’s Megyn Kelly movie and Kellan Lutz is in What Men Want so who knows, maybe we’re about to see a resurgence of Twilight actors.

Edited by filmlover

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Stewart, and Pattinson are like the only people among the cast (the younger ones, at least) that isn’t completely irrelevant in 2018.

speaking of....    

A weird thing happened. stewart and pattinson started doing indie movies and now hipster critics did a revisionist history and stewart and pattinson are the greatest thing since slice bread. it's kinda funny how easily you can fool people. both are still untalented at acting, especially stewart.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I thought Pattinson wasn't a great actor, but after watching Good Time I've done as close to a 180 on the dude.

I enjoyed Good Time, but he gave the same emotionless performance. A good movie, but it didn't convince me of his abilities

The Miseducation of Cameron Post is certainly a good coming-of-age story (it's one of these movies that you really like what you are seeing, but the aftertaste is not as great), but that last shot with the 3 friends on the back of the truck might just be my favorite of the year.

I also saw the Icelandic Under the Tree, which made me go goddamnit fucking humans at the end. Occasionally funny, frequently depressing and some pretty tense bits. I liked it.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Does anyone know the record for the largest opening weekend for a 4 Theater Release film?  I'm looking on BOT and TN, and sadly nothing.  I'm just curious.  

I imagine the question is for 4 theater or less ?

The lion kings made $1.586M in 2 theater in 1994 and I think it is still the record.

YOu can see all the biggest limited here:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/theateravg.htm?page=THTRAVOPN&p=.htm

For exactly 4 it is Budapest hotel like mentioned above.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm bored and skimming through The Greatest Showman Reimagined right now. These covers are seriously lacking in scope compared to the original songs. Not a fun listen!

the only good thing off that is this is me by kesha, and that's cause it's kesha.

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I...I forgot a Cloverfield movie even came out this year until just now.

this might still be my worst movie of the year. still it's cool that netflix are releasing their movies on blu ray which i never thought they'd do. if any movie begs for a criterion release it's The Other Side of the Wind.

• Like 1