Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 12/23/2018 at 10:52 AM, Webslinger said:

Every year, I say I'm going to watch all the Christmas movies I'd ideally like to watch - It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Die Hard, The Polar Express, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Story, and maybe Home Alone - only to get to the 22nd having seen only one of them (Home Alone this year) and thinking "Welp, maybe next year."

Your list is pretty much the exact same as mine. Just got Home Alone 2 and Polar Express to finish off tonight.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.  And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:8‭-‬14 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.2.8-14.KJV

Merry Christmas eve unto all!

• Like 2

Timely X-mas article.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/charities-donor-aging-1.4932252

Charities scramble to attract younger generation as their donor base ages

Wonder if it has more to do with disposable income issues with young people or frankly a more self centered attitude from the under 30 crowd these days?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wonder if it has more to do with disposable income issues with young people or frankly a more self centered attitude from the under 30 crowd these days?

should self-centered attitudes be encouraged though?

This crowd might be poor, I think charities like Green Peace need to find a better way to get money.  Like just ask, instead of solicit in front of stores and makes convo/relationships with people before signing them up.  Just make it very dry and dull and demanding to the point where it sounds appealing.  Make it a one time thing, like you are trying to grab their vote.  More spending, less talking.  

I think young people want to be taxed, and I think young people want to see wealth evenly distributed.  

Edited by nature league

12 minutes ago, nature league said:

should self-centered attitudes be encouraged though?

This crowd might be poor, I think charities like Green Peace need to find a better way to get money.  Like just ask, instead of solicit in front of stores and makes convo/relationships with people before signing them up.  Just make it very dry and dull and demanding to the point where it sounds appealing.  Make it a one time thing, like you are trying to grab their vote.  More spending, less talking.  

I think young people want to be taxed, and I think young people want to see wealth evenly distributed.  

Correction:want someone else to pay higher taxes..

• Like 1