Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I know the "Die Hard is the best Christmas movie" is old, so my new douchey bit is "Eyes Wide Shut is the best Christmas movie".

Actually watched it like the sixth or seventh time a few days back, might be my favorite Kubrick. Great movie about repression, horniness, not fucking and the stupidity of it all. Also the ending is heartwarming, which makes it a good Christmas viewing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Has anyone seen the "Let Me Be Frank" video? That is the most insane thing ever.

the weirdest thing about it is the clearly edited in sounds of people talking in the background. like he's at a christmas party or something. like he thought "it'd help my case if i pretend i have friends". it's like that nathan fielder "my friends are laughing out of frame" tweet.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, I managed to squeeze in The Polar Express, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Elf in the last three days (plus The Mule with family - kinda an odd selection for the annual Christmas/Christmas Eve movie, but whatever), and I'll be doing It's a Wonderful Life tonight and probably Die Hard at some point tomorrow.

And of course, I also got into the Christmas spirit before seeing any of those with the new Christmas classic, Once Upon a Deadpool.  :ph34r:

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, the new material was actually kinda funny. I wouldn't have gone if not for some gift certificates, however.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Well, I managed to squeeze in The Polar Express, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Elf in the last three days (plus The Mule with family - kinda an odd selection for the annual Christmas/Christmas Eve movie, but whatever), and I'll be doing It's a Wonderful Life tonight and probably Die Hard at some point tomorrow.

And of course, I also got into the Christmas spirit before seeing any of those with the new Christmas classic, Once Upon a Deadpool.  :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m actually seeing The Mule with my mom tomorrow. Originally we were planning on seeing Ben is Back but decided against seeing something that depressing on Christmas so that is one saved for a later date this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yessssssss. Legendary. Carroll Ballard is a mostly-unknown genius.

Never Cry Wolf is also a terrific film, and I saw The Black Stallion for the first time a month ago. Wonderful and beautiful film, with some of the best cinematography shots I've ever seen. Carroll Ballard is indeed underrated, and and I wish he would make more films . He sure knows how to make great movies about nature.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Never Cry Wolf is also a terrific film, and I saw The Black Stallion for the first time a month ago. Wonderful and beautiful film, with some of the best cinematography shots I've ever seen. Carroll Ballard is indeed underrated, and and I wish he would make more films . He sure knows how to make great movies about nature.

If you can ever find it, watch WIND... just to see him saddled with a relatively conventional studio story and what he does with it. Plus it has Stellan Skarsgard! And a Basil Poledeuris score!

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

If you can ever find it, watch WIND... just to see him saddled with a relatively conventional studio story and what he does with it. Plus it has Stellan Skarsgard! And a Basil Poledeuris score!

Haven't seen Wind, but I have heard good things, and it certainly looks like a movie worth checking out. The Basil Poledouris score is great too.

• Like 1