Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Nothing “happened to him”, he brought all of this on himself. 

The reason I asked you about the DVD screener is because I was always curious, people refer to it as DVD, so I was wondering how was the picture quality, is it in HD? If it's on regular DVD cheap quality, how can voters judge those movies based on a low quality DVD screener?

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The reason I asked you about the DVD screener is because I was always curious, people refer to it as DVD, so I was wondering how was the picture quality, is it in HD? If it's on regular DVD cheap quality, how can voters judge those movies based on a low quality DVD screener?

Many screeners are DVDs. Some are Blu-Ray. The digital screeners are streaming with an option to (temporarily) download for offline viewing — the quality is on par with streaming services. 

With any screener, the studios are basically making a Faustian bargain: they want people to watch their movies, and sending screeners increases that chance... but it also means people will watch a version that in all likelihood is reduced quality compared to a theatrical presentation, and will do so with all the distractions of home viewing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I think Emily Blunt is cuter! Both films are average tho, maybe horror isn't for me?

Sandra is much older though and still keeeping it together. AQP has to many plots holes for my liking!  Cameron needs to serve us a 1 billion grossing horror! 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sandra is much older though and still keeeping it together. AQP has to many plots holes for my liking!  Cameron needs to serve us a 1 billion grossing horror! 

Sorry Grace. Jim's too focused on saving the world and exploration to make a horror film. I suppose the sequels will have horror elements though when Jim foreshadows our future on planet earth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like i will be getting engaged this year and married in 2020.

All the best wishes and a relaxed as possible wedding (fingers crossed no mothers,... insists on details you two do not want to have and such)

• Like 1