Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So let me get this straight. Posters have been able to call Mary Poppins Returns a flop and Bumblebee a flop for the last two weekends despite their grosses being perfectly fine but I make one joking post about Aquaman and get thread banned? What a joke. Amazing what lengths this site will go to to protect a movie like Aquaman but will allow other films be called bombs and flops repeatedly despite them not being bombs or flops. Reading the last two weekend threads and weekday threads about how MPR and Bumblebee are bombs/flops from the same posters isn’t toxic though. That’s perfectly fine. 

BOT was a nice community for the time I was on here. Loved interacting with so many posters and learning so much about the industry. But I see the standards that are given towards certain films and how those standards don’t apply across the board. 

Peace out ✌️ 

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

So let me get this straight. Posters have been able to call Mary Poppins Returns a flop and Bumblebee a flop for the last two weekends despite their grosses being perfectly fine but I make one joking post about Aquaman and get thread banned? What a joke. Amazing what lengths this site will go to to protect a movie like Aquaman but will allow other films be called bombs and flops repeatedly despite them not being bombs or flops. Reading the last two weekend threads and weekday threads about how MPR and Bumblebee are bombs/flops from the same posters isn’t toxic though. That’s perfectly fine. 

BOT was a nice community for the time I was on here. Loved interacting with so many posters and learning so much about the industry. But I see the standards that are given towards certain films and how those standards don’t apply across the board. 

Peace out ✌️ 

It’s clearly a biased DCEU obsessed mod that threadbanned you. It was a knee jerk  reaction to all the suffering they’ve been going through since Man Of Steel. After years of BOMBING movies they probably became oversensitive. 

I would hate to see you leave. You’re one of the most recognizable members here and I enjoy reading your posts. Perhaps take a break and comeback? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

Peace out ✌️ 

Shit, I really hope you don't leave :whosad: I've learned to just refrain from posting much about DC. The majority of posts get deleted anyways.

• Thanks 1

Actually, I'm gonna defend @Nova for a minute.

So @grim22 let me get this straight (ya know what, I'm just gonna call the whole mod team @aabattery @Spagspiria @Christmas baumer @DeeCee @Water Bottle @AndyLL)

Lordmandeep has openly trolled Star Wars threads for the past year, bringing up how people hate Last Jedi at the slightest mention of anything. That's not even mentioning similar stuff he's been doing in the Captain Marvel thread. This stirring of the pot has been going on for years. A few threadbans, fewer suspensions, no ban.

Napoleon has gone out of his way to troll MCU and the Fantastic Beasts threads, has tried to start fan wars and conspiracy theories multiple times, and has even stated that people who say anything negative about Zack Snyder should burn in hell. This stirring of the pot has been going on for years. Few threadbans, fewer suspensions, no ban.

GraceRandolph has also started up flame wars, and has gone out of her way to attack DCEU fans, as well as Gaga fans. This has been going on for months. Few threadbans, no suspensions, no ban.

But when Nova, a poster who has had zero infractions or trouble-causing and is generally well-liked by the community dares to make a mild joke about Aquaman's box office, he gets an instant threadban. Even after people like Manny G have gone on for days with concern trolling over both Poppins and Bumblebee. He gets nothing, while Nova has an instant slap on the wrist?

Need I remind you that your guidelines state "no trolling allowed?"

What is"flaming", and "trolling"?: Anything meant to be overly-provocative and/or intentionally disrupt the natural, civil nature of a topic or forum. If you have to be warned consistently for either of these, you risk being temporarily suspended or permanently banned.

I'd at least be okay with Nova's threadban if you had harsher punishments for these figures and the stuff they've done, but you haven't. At most, you've given them a mild threadban, despite doing much, much worse for months, even years. Hell, why did I not get a threadban, when I did similar things on page 6 in the weekend thread? You're seriously gonna hit Nova over a harmless joke, when others have done far worse?

Great priorities guys. Good to know you don't care about making this place a fun, non-toxic forum.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Actually, I'm gonna defend @Nova for a minute.

So @grim22 let me get this straight (ya know what, I'm just gonna call the whole mod team @aabattery @Spagspiria @Christmas baumer @DeeCee @Water Bottle @AndyLL)

Lordmandeep has openly trolled Star Wars threads for the past year, bringing up how people hate Last Jedi at the slightest mention of anything. That's not even mentioning similar stuff he's been doing in the Captain Marvel thread. This stirring of the pot has been going on for years. A few threadbans, fewer suspensions, no ban.

Napoleon has gone out of his way to troll MCU and the Fantastic Beasts threads, has tried to start fan wars and conspiracy theories multiple times, and has even stated that people who say anything negative about Zack Snyder should burn in hell. This stirring of the pot has been going on for years. Few threadbans, fewer suspensions, no ban.

GraceRandolph has also started up flame wars, and has gone out of her way to attack DCEU fans, as well as Gaga fans. This has been going on for months. Few threadbans, no suspensions, no ban.

But when Nova, a poster who has had zero infractions or trouble-causing and is generally well-liked by the community dares to make a mild joke about Aquaman's box office, he gets an instant threadban. Even after people like Manny G have gone on for days with concern trolling over both Poppins and Bumblebee. He gets nothing, while Nova has an instant slap on the wrist?

Need I remind you that your guidelines state "no trolling allowed?"

I'd at least be okay with Nova's threadban if you had harsher punishments for these figures and the stuff they've done, but you haven't. At most, you've given them a mild threadban, despite doing much, much worse for months, even years. Hell, why did I not get a threadban, when I did similar things on page 6 in the weekend thread? You're seriously gonna hit Nova over a harmless joke, when others have done far worse?

Great priorities guys. Good to know you don't care about making this place a fun, non-toxic forum.

No one reports stuff, no one gets banned. Mods don't read all threads all the time. 3 people reported Nova's comment, it was definitely trollish, no points just a weekend thread ban.

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

Peace out ✌️ 

Hardly new info for me.  I was thread banned from the Aquaman thread preemptively a few weeks ago when I said I was about to see Aquaman.  I've come to expect it at this point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No one reports stuff, no one gets banned.

But does a report being generated not trigger an actual evaluation? Because, in all honesty, what Nova said was slightly inflammatory, but a reaction in reply to the repeated MPR negative spin from certain users, rather than an attack on AQM or "poisoning the well". Maybe he should have left well enough alone, sure, but it's not that bad so as to warrant a ban, IMO...

Edited by reddevil19

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

But does a report being generated not trigger an actual evaluation? Because, in all honesty, what Nova said was slightly inflammatory, but a reaction in reply to the repeated MPR negative spin from certain users, rather than an attack on AQM or "poisoning the well". Maybe he should have left well enough alone, sure, but it's not that bad so as to warrant a ban, IMO...

The entire reason we have poisoning the well is CBMs. The fight over CBMs got so bad we instituted it to hand out instant threadbans. That's also why we have the Fanboy wars thread where rules are very very lax and we let arguments and trolling go on for much longer.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No one reports stuff, no one gets banned. Mods don't read all threads all the time. 3 people reported Nova's comment, it was definitely trollish, no points just a weekend thread ban.

The weekend threads have become flame wars for good stretches recently. I find it hard to believe you guys aren't paying attention.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The entire reason we have poisoning the well is CBMs. The fight over CBMs got so bad we instituted it to hand out instant threadbans. That's also why we have the Fanboy wars thread where rules are very very lax and we let arguments and trolling go on for much longer.

But is what he said really poisoning the well? :( 

I just feel it's very harsh, but whatever you guys decide.

• Thanks 1