Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Finally watched Solo with my oldest Star Wars-loving son (no one else was willing to watch)...it's such a weird movie...

Parts of it, I really enjoyed...and parts of it, I actively hated or was annoyed by...I'm trying to decide where it falls in my new Star Wars ranking...I think it falls right with TFA and a C+ grade, but it's hard to assess.  It felt too long and yet, not consequential enough, at the same time...and weirdly, while I didn't mind Han, I minded parts of Lando and really minded all of the droid...or, as it should ever be known as, the new Jar Jar character.  Even though they set up a sequel, I'm okay not getting one - it at least told a wrapped up story for this movie, and that's all the maintained my interest...

My son, who loves all things Star Wars, was down for this and gave it an A+.  

PS - I can see why this made what it made...I'm no longer surprised at how it did...in fact, it probably speaks to how many hardcore fans of Star Wars there are that it made as much as it did, b/c while not outrightly bad, it had really nothing that would sell me on this movie or encourage me to have friends see it, except the Star Wars name...

On 1/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, CJohn said:

I am here to know if Han has already seen Spider-Verse and Bumblebee or if he is one step closer to prove he is the fakest fan on the planet Earth.

Just got out of Bumblebee. One down, one to go.

Bumblebee was nice btw. Hailee is obviously great and the best part of the movie. Rest is pretty by the numbers (which this franchise absolutely needs after Bay's nonsense). Not enough CENA.

• Thanks 1