Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Tell me, how many sequels were created in a time period while Jim owned the rights?

Regardless, the terminator IP is dried up and has nothing new left to offer.  They should really stop with the outdated 80s robots.

Just now, The Panda said:

Regardless, the terminator IP is dried up and has nothing new left to offer.  They should really stop with the outdated 80s robots.

I would reccomend The Hollywood Reporter interview with Tim Miller and Jim would like to have your doubts about T6 removed.

It's a great interview too.

Had this weirdly awful dream last night. The Oscars decided this year just to 'fuck the system' cause they were mad at Hollywood or something for not giving them a host. So they nominated crap movies just to fuck with people, like Wrinkle in Time got nominated for BP.

The only results I can remember was 10 Cloverfield Lane won BP for 2018 which pissed me off cause it wasn't even released this year :lol: and "Rotten Tomatoes" won for Best Original Screenplay. 

• Astonished 1

Stumbled upon a movie called Winter s Bone on TV yesterday.

Not particularly my jam, a bit to bleak, but that movie featured a young actress that was just incredible  : charismatic with such a strong presence.

You could feel she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders just by looking at her eyes.

She was carrying the whole movie effortlessly : a revelation !

The movie is almost 10 years ago and I am surprised the career of this actress is where it is right now, Hollywood would be a better place with such a unique talent.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Bye bye Kevin Hart it was good knowing you...

Seriously, I think people are kinda too much on him but I can't say I don't get some satisfaction from the fact that you can't get away with homophobic comments nowadays.

Saw this a few days ago. What an idiot. Like he’s being asked to appear at a gay pride event or anything. Only good thing to come out of this is is that we were at least spared an Oscar show mostly made up of him screaming.

So one MUST ally themselves with a cause they don't support? Kevin Hart has never brought any harm to the LBGFDEHJDHKJSDGLDS community or rallied against it. He just doesn't align himself with it. He's. Not. Doing. Anything. Wrong!

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, JB33 said:

So one MUST ally themselves with a cause they don't support? Kevin Hart has never brought any harm to the LBGFDEHJDHKJSDGLDS community or rallied against it. He just doesn't align himself with it. He's. Not. Doing. Anything. Wrong!

You didn’t see those tweets, did you? Why am I not surprised?

He would still be hosting the Oscars if he had just apologized, by the way. But no, he’s had to make himself look like a narcissistic fool. Even more disappointing is that Ellen, one of the more important figures in LGBT history, has played a part in it.

With all the Green Book controversy going on these days I’m surprised True Detective is finally returning on Sunday with little buzz. Guess that goes to show how much damage the second season did even though this seems like it’s getting much better notices. I’ll definitely be watching.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You didn’t see those tweets, did you? Why am I not surprised?

He would still be hosting the Oscars if he had just apologized, by the way. But no, he’s had to make himself look like a narcissistic fool. Even more disappointing is that Ellen, one of the more important figures in LGBT history, has played a part in it.

I'm aware of the tweets. They were pretty extreme and I agree an apology wouldn't hurt (if they weren't as egregious I wouldn't even think he should have to apologize but he's crossing the line with some of those). I was referring to his not dreaming of being an LBTQ ally.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I'm aware of the tweets. They were pretty extreme and I agree an apology wouldn't hurt (if they weren't as egregious I wouldn't even think he should have to apologize but he's crossing the line with some of those). I was referring to his not dreaming of being an LBTQ ally.

That’s the thing though: who says something like that, especially after coming under hot water for homophobic tweets? A simple apology would have sufficed but instead just looks like he’s digging his feet in.

Only reason he’s going on this whole “apology tour” is because he has to promote The Upside (how poorly timed that movie ended up being, even if the studio chose to dump it in the month of January where movies go to die and become instantly forgotten a while ago), otherwise he would be probably be keeping a really low profile until all of this blew over.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Stumbled upon a movie called Winter s Bone on TV yesterday.

Not particularly my jam, a bit to bleak, but that movie featured a young actress that was just incredible  : charismatic with such a strong presence.

You could feel she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders just by looking at her eyes.

She was carrying the whole movie effortlessly : a revelation !

The movie is almost 10 years ago and I am surprised the career of this actress is where it is right now, Hollywood would be a better place with such a unique talent.

you going through JLaw withdrawals?  :sweat:

strange she hasn't announced her next project yet

Edited by Alli

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That’s the thing though: who says something like that, especially after coming under hot water for homophobic tweets? A simple apology would have sufficed but instead just looks like he’s digging his feet in.

Only reason he’s going on this whole “apology tour” is because he has to promote The Upside (how poorly timed that movie ended up being, even if the studio chose to dump it in the month of January where movies go to die and become instantly forgotten a while ago), otherwise he would be probably be keeping a really low profile until all of this blew over.

I think he should apologize for his choice of words, and how harsh those tweets were, but I think he's perfectly within his rights to make it clear he's no fan of the LBTQ (what is the Q anyway??) movement. Why should he be bullied into a particular belief? Why should any one us? He's setting an example that he's not going to be forced into a box of society's making, of the left's/SJW's making.

But to be clear, again, I think he should address his tweets. We can all believe in what we want to believe in and still be a decent person and those tweets were anything but decent. I believe in being a good person above all else.

We should record & monitor everything people say on a daily basis and severely punish those who trespass the Scriptures of The New Puritans.

We have the technology and the know-how, let's use it to better our world.

China already does this with stunning results.