Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, The Futurist said:

We should record & monitor everything people say on a daily basis and severely punish those who trespass the Scriptures of The New Puritans.

We have the technology and the know-how, let's use it to better our world.

China already does this with stunning results.

if internet can assist with molding behavior within cultures, I don't think humans will ultimately go that pure w/ watered down living.  we are addicted to too many things outside of ourselves.  I think art would be harder to achieve under their guidelines, but I don't know what the New Puritans are

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We should record & monitor everything people say on a daily basis and severely punish those who trespass the Scriptures of The New Puritans.

We have the technology and the know-how, let's use it to better our world.

China already does this with stunning results.

Feels like we're heading that way!!

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Questioning. Maybe you need to brush up on your knowledge too.

I honestly don't care. I decided that when I learned there's an actual new term for someone like me: cis-gender. LMAO! I'll share the pamphlet on here. I've never seen anything like it.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I honestly don't care. I decided that when I learned there's an actual new term for someone like me: cis-gender. LMAO! I'll share the pamphlet on here. I've never seen anything like it.

LMFAO cisgender has been around for several years. Nothing new about it. It was an attempt, I guess.

Our understanding of sexuality and gender has made advancements beyond the standard straight/gay/bisexual labels. Sorry you see that as a step backwards (or even more stupidly, an SJW agenda) somehow.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LMFAO cisgender has been around for several years. Nothing new about it. It was an attempt, I guess.

Our understanding of sexuality and gender has made advancements beyond the standard straight/gay/bisexual labels. Sorry you see that as a step backwards (or even more stupidly, an SJW agenda) somehow.

It may well have been around for years. I'm just glad I was not indoctrinated in all that stuff like, sadly, children nowadays are. It's sick to me.

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It may well have been around for years. I'm just glad I was not indoctrinated in all that stuff like, sadly, children nowadays are. It's sick to me.

I’m glad you have no problem saying you have no problem telling people that they don’t exist after the other day claiming you would never tell a gay person who had been beaten up just for being who they are that they have no issues and are just seeking attention. Phobia and intolerance all the same.

14 minutes ago, DAR said:

If Hart had apologized when this first reared its head, I'm not so sure the policy would have been as easily accepted.   No we're at the point of no return so it definitely wouldn't 

It could have been like james gunn situation. No Oscars, but #bringbackhart on social media.

17 minutes ago, DAR said:

If Hart had apologized when this first reared its head, I'm not so sure the policy would have been as easily accepted.   No we're at the point of no return so it definitely wouldn't 

It wouldn’t but a simple apology would’ve assured that this would’ve been forgotten once the Oscar ceremony had passed. All he’s done since then is more damage. Now this will be brought up when he has to promote The Secret Life of Pets 2 and Jumanji later in the year. Mess.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

man, you sure do spent a lot of time on here not caring about this stuff.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

It wouldn’t but a simple apology would’ve assured that this would’ve been forgotten once the Oscar ceremony had passed. All he’s done since then is more damage. Now this will be brought up when he has to promote The Secret Life of Pets 2 and Jumanji later in the year. Mess.

What if Hart's PR disaster is all just a ploy by Disney to sink Hart's career and prop up Toy Story and Star Wars? :thinking: