Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Where is a better place to live, Los Angeles or Fort Lauderdale.

I've never heard of anyone A) living in the greater Miami area or B - enjoying it, but there are 6 million people there, so maybe.

I'd be surprised if the housing prices weren't around the same ballpark.

Vice had the biggest third act tonal shift of any movie I've seen in ages. Like JESUS, that got dark. Pretty good movie tho. The first half of the movie is better than the Bush-era scenes, but McKay managed to make the second half one of the most unique things I've seen in a biopic even if it's pretty inconsistent. 

40 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I've never heard of anyone A) living in the greater Miami area or B - enjoying it, but there are 6 million people there, so maybe.

I live not too far from Fort Lauderdale and can assure you that homes around that area aren’t cheap.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I’m very biased towards LA, but I’m pretty sure it’s also way more expensive than Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I’m very biased towards LA, but I’m pretty sure it’s also way more expensive than Fort Lauderdale. 

But is it way more expensive than Palm Beach (cause you better have a tree that literally grows money if you plan to buy a home there)?

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But is it way more expensive than Palm Beach (cause you better have a tree that literally grows money if you plan to buy a home there)?

Have lived in both and very sure median LA prices are higher than South Florida.

Palm Beach island is like Bel-Air. Too minute to impact the overall picture. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I live not too far from Fort Lauderdale and can assure you that homes around that area aren’t cheap.

Eh, I could deal with an apartment, I (probably) couldn't bring my dog bc my parents wouldn't let me :( 1.6k a month for a studio apartment.

They both have serious pros and cons, I know more people in LA than FL, but I'll cross that road when we get to it.