Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

39 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I petition that we stop using the Empire Strikes Back as the gold standard for blockbuster sequels and start using The Matrix Reloaded 

As long as Empire Strikes Back is promoted to the Platinum standard.

Edited by Slambros

I went to see How To Train your Dragon 3 and I heard some people reacting to the Toy Story 4. I don't know why they thought that it was going to be a live-action hybrid but they seemed very perturbed by the idea.  

Disney should think twice before they inevitably start remaking Pixar films into live-action. 

Edited by salvador-232

44 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I petition that we stop using the Empire Strikes Back as the gold standard for blockbuster sequels and start using The Matrix Reloaded 

It’s been far too long

GOD DAMMIT ETHAN THE ADULTS ARE TALKING!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

There was a time when I thought The Matrix Reloaded was superior to the original and one of the best sequels ever made. That time was right after it came out, when I was 12. ;)

It's still a pretty solid movie, though, even if it's messy. I just bought the trilogy in 4K, so I'll re-watch those contested sequels soon.

both of the matrix sequels are so goddamn good. and honestly smart play by the wachowskis. if it wasn't for those movies there'd be a mediocre reboot released already. they killed the brand with style. (yes i know there's like soft talk of a reboot, but until i hear anything concrete i don't buy it)

• Like 1

Actually been ages since I've seen the Matrix films better go back and rewatch them. Some of the hate Reloaded gets probs comes from how Revolutions drops the ball afterwards. 

EDIT: Actually curious what were the box office projections for Revolutions after Reloaded came out?

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

14 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

EDIT: Actually curious what were the box office projections for Revolutions after Reloaded came out?

Expectations were still pretty high all the way up to release, even if it was abundantly clear that it wasn't going to be as big as Reloaded. For reference, Box Office Guru was predicting $80 million for the Friday-to-Sunday gross. I still remember being shocked when the weekend estimate was only at 50 (and then it fell from there with actuals the next afternoon).

• Thanks 1