Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

These are all the Oscar presenters announced so far:

(...)

Jennifer Lopez

They never gave her any award recognition but still use her superstar status for ratings, same for the Grammy Awards. Goes to show what a good job they're doing rewarding artists who make a real impact in the industry and pop culture. 

I find it so funny that Alfred Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick never won an Oscar in the Best Director category. I don't know how people can take these Award shows seriously.

• Thanks 1

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/11/germs-are-not-real-fox-news-host-pete-hegseth?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR2m1wij7tSzSEVjq67bqEtYbDGh6DvEQtGAsE-9BbMf2quxlKNFbM56e3I

'Germs are not a real thing': Fox News host says he hasn't washed hands in 10 years

Pete Hegseth denies existence of germs, saying: ‘I can’t see them, therefore they’re not real’

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/11/germs-are-not-real-fox-news-host-pete-hegseth?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR2m1wij7tSzSEVjq67bqEtYbDGh6DvEQtGAsE-9BbMf2quxlKNFbM56e3I

'Germs are not a real thing': Fox News host says he hasn't washed hands in 10 years

Pete Hegseth denies existence of germs, saying: ‘I can’t see them, therefore they’re not real’

I expected no less from someone at Faux News.

• Like 1

Huh, there's a food truck festival on the Weekend...thought about going + seeing Alita on Saturday bc it's right across the street from the theater but it's not food I like + tickets and meals are seperate.

I thought I could just walk up and buy some cool food but said ticket would be more than a movie theater ticket.

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

People like this give the rest of us on the right a bad name. What an idiot. Ever heard of a microscope??

Doom Patrol is getting really good reviews so far! Apparently they're gonna be releasing the episodes one week at a time so I'll probably wait until they're all released and binge it over the summer.

2 hours ago, DAR said:

As someone who’s not a watcher of the Oscars even I think it’s pretty bad those categories are relegated to the commercials 

The guy who won the Emmy for last year's telecast and used the moment for the proposal that went viral is also putting together this year's show. You'd think he would know better.