Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

They say Melbourne might overtake Sydney as the largest Australian city as early as 2028

True, if current trends continue. 

Melbourne is growing around 125,000 per year and Sydney just over 100,000 per year. 

Since the 2000 Olympics Sydney has added about 1,000,000 people and Melbourne about 1,500,000. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Hopefully more people speak up. Or better yet, threaten to boycott this show. John Bailey's tenure has been a total embarrassment.

Doesn't the President of the Academy usually give a speech during the telecast?   There's something they could cut, since nobody ever says, man I can't wait to hear what that guy has to say.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DAR said:

Doesn't the President of the Academy usually give a speech during the telecast?   There's something they could cut, since nobody ever says, man I can't wait to hear what that guy has to say.

At this point I'm expecting them to announce that there will be no red carpet because why not try and alienate a good portion of their audience even more? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

^^ Shady practices how? 😬

Selling upgrades to products that provide literally nothing / do not exist... "accidentally" charging cards more than they were told to pay... that kind of thing.

First thing I do when I started the day the staff member who was showing/training me she said "you may want to check your morals at the door" and then mentioned that the company got showcased last week on BBC's Rip-Off Britain (TV show about dodgy companies).

:hahaha:

Funnily enough the job agency who matched me with the role did not mention this 😛

Whats more annoying is things like not really being given breaks, that sort of thing.  It will be okay. It's only a temporary thing while I find a better job.

I've decided that I want to be a Mechanic and work on cars which is a hobby at the moment. I have screwed up my life in the past 12 months so badly, I think if I do a job that I genuinely want to do, then I will be more driven to keep my life in check and be happier. So I want to go back to college later this year, and learn that trade.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

horse people.

After the amount of white shit I've shoved up my nose i would not be surprised to one day find myself turning into a bulging muscular horse man.

Edited by Avatree

Rewatching Fellowship of the Ring and it might be just an appearance but one thing that always makes me love it is how PJ took his time to build up Middle Earth. That sequence in the beginning with Bilbo describing the Shire is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on screen. Something you never see nowadays, when they try to keep the movies as short as possible at the expense of the story. I really hope they take their time with that Amazon series, especially since they will make up a lot of the plot. With Middle-Earth the world itself is a huge character.  And hope they film on location. Makes a huge difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1