Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

RBG, I think?

there's a ten minute stretch of the movie which is just about a bunch of fucking losers talking about their RBG memes on tumblr and RBG watching some awful SNL skits about herself, that's the worst ten minutes of any movie from last year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there's a ten minute stretch of the movie which is just about a bunch of fucking losers talking about their RBG memes on tumblr and RBG watching some awful SNL skits about herself, that's the worst ten minutes of any movie from last year.

That sounds awful, whatever RBG is i will not watch it.

the doc makes a great case for her being a not interesting person.  she did a lot of good things but she's also totally boring. as a character study it doesn't work at all. all the good stuff you could get from her wikipedia probably.

and her cult of weirdo stans... i dunno. like all the positive reviews i'm reading on letterboxd are all just "yaas slay queen" nonsense. this is even worse than the mr rogers movie for "well i like the guy so the doc about them MUST be good right?"

2 hours ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

You mean you've been on Xanax for 1 month?

How is it?  

Way to go...???  

I'm not sure I understand your post!

Yep one month on Xanax. It's weird. My sleep is fucked up but not much side effects other than that. It's a pretty small dose. Helping so far, I think.

As for the way to go.. don't know where it's going butI can see there's a lot of work to be done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Yep one month on Xanax. It's weird. My sleep is fucked up but not much side effects other than that. It's a pretty small dose. Helping so far, I think.

As for the way to go.. don't know where it's going butI can see there's a lot of work to be done.

i thought it's not advised to take it for a long period. The withdrawal will be insanely hard. keep us posted how it goes

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

ahh!!  I turned my mind into like 'crazy doomsday cultist' in regards to those mind altering substances.  

lol, be careful with Xanax.  Since it is daily, that means it creates a new you, and leaving it gives a crazy existential crisis.

it is like, with Xanax, you get new wings and a new personality. 

and to leave it means you have to hospitalize yourself in bed for a while and become very ill like you are in a cocoon. 

Then you return back to your normal self you feel sick and broken and dissatisfied and you realize how broken your original wings were.  

It is unfair.

I wonder how much mind substances have affected our achievements.  Was the space race, NASA, CIA, and all forms of art from the last 100 years that us humans sit on top of influenced from acid, Adderall, and opioids?  Is that what separates us from the elite?  Are we meant to enhance our abilities?  Some scientists do it naturally, but how does everyone keep up as a whole around the world?

23 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

I wonder how much mind substances have affected our achievements.  Was the space race, NASA, CIA, and all forms of art from the last 100 years that us humans sit on top of influenced from acid, Adderall, and opioids?  Is that what separates us from the elite?  Are we meant to enhance our abilities? 

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, Alli said:

i thought it's not advised to take it for a long period. The withdrawal will be insanely hard. keep us posted how it goes

Yes you are right. The 4 weeks I've been getting it is kind of the maximum that is advised to be prescribed. We are working on it forward. I'm at a weird phase but I hope it's end up well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

I guess the Umbrella Academy is like the X-Men

Amuses me that both that and Doom Patrol dropped on the same day. And now Disney+ is gonna be getting into the funny book TV show business with that Loki series (lmao but why). Funny books really are taking over the entire industry.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Amuses me that both that and Doom Patrol dropped on the same day. And now Disney+ is gonna be getting into the funny book TV show business with that Loki series (lmao but why). Funny books really are taking over the entire industry.

I hope they do start to adapt some of the non Superhero books that are out there

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

giphy.gif

LOL, Tim and Eric... I don't think their trippy comic work needs any mind altering enhancements to get wierder.  

Their vision is like how I live and breathe, that triggering of the brain to randomly burst out laughing.  

You could continue to age and age and lay around all day with a boxed in mindset and cackle like a hobo