Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Well, I don't like her.

I hope she does a good job acting in the movie. Of course, many people already made up their mind about her acting in the movie saying she sucks. We shall see

Being a likeable actor is important too. You don't wanna get the fanbase angry. What did she do?

Edited by Alli

Does anyone by chance have the link to the HSX spreadsheet with every preview number going back years? I had it in my bookmarks but on my phone, which recently crashed, and now I can't seem to find it for whatever reason.

Also:

lmao. It's like they read @CoolioD1's comment yesterday about the bloated ceremony. Will say I'm looking forward to all the people on Twitter saying "why isn't Rami up there performing with them?!" and everyone else is like "y'all know he didn't do any of the singing, right?"

Edited by filmlover

i feel like i was on the ground floor of the brie larson love (ok not since her pop music days but since United states of tara/scott pilgrim) so idk, always bums me out that the internet likes to dogpile on her and i feel as though they misrepresent her points so they can be outraged (shocking that this would happen on the internet in 2019, i know)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also:

lmao. It's like they read @CoolioD1's comment yesterday about the bloated ceremony. Will say I'm looking forward to all the people on Twitter saying "why isn't Rami up there performing with them?!" and everyone else is like "y'all know he didn't do any of the singing, right?"

the adam lambert song from 2012 gets stuck in my head sometimes. i'm sure i'm the only person this happens to nobody else has listened to that song in ten years and neither have i but my brain sure has made space for it. it's not even good.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the adam lambert song from 2012 gets stuck in my head sometimes. i'm sure i'm the only person this happens to nobody else has listened to that song in ten years and neither have i but my brain sure has made space for it. it's not even good.

I hear "If I Had You" from time to time on the speakers at the mall, restaurants, etc.

Is this Brie Larson thing about her wanting a more diverse group of reporters to interview her?   If so I say go for it.   They’ll be just as capable  asking any inane fluff piece questions as any random white guy entertainment interviewer

Larson wanting a diverse press junket I think is laudable. Her comment about A Wrinkle in Time "I don't care what a middle-aged white male film critic thinks about it because it wasn't made for him" I saw quoted in the CM thread a while back I think is kinda unnecessarily presumptious and, let's say, unproductive (the second part especially). She's also a talented and charismatic (when the material allows it) actress! In conclusion, people contain multitudes

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Larson wanting a diverse press junket I think is laudable. Her comment about A Wrinkle in Time "I don't care what a middle-aged white male film critic thinks about it because it wasn't made for him" I saw quoted in the CM thread a while back I think is kinda unnecessarily presumptious and, let's say, unproductive (the second part especially). She's also a talented and charismatic (when the material allows it) actress! In conclusion, people contain multitudes

It's hilarious that so many people took that comment as meaning that she hates white men and that they're boycotting Captain Marvel now (spoiler alert: we all know they'll be there opening night). Could she have worded it differently to make her point (criticism should be about more than just the straight white male's perspective) more effectively? Sure, but the fact she mentioned anything about diversity would be enough to set off their "white men under attack" alerts. Similar thing with Natalie Portman shading the all-male Best Director line-up at the Golden Globes last year, which was probably the wrong moment to do such (right in the middle of an awards show while about to present a category, even though it gave us the funny expressions of the nominees afterwards) but hey, at least someone is bringing up the lack of diversity at all (this was also the same ceremony - the first major awards show since the dawn of the Time's Up era where some of the actresses brought real-life activists as guests - where everyone was quick to point out afterwards that none of the male winners mentioned #MeToo or Time's Up in their speeches in any capacity while all of the female winners did).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wait, wtf he had a song in 2012?

Edited by MrPink