Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago

• Haha 8

Fox officially gets absorbed into Disney next week. True end of an era. Sad and disappointing, but the industry as a whole is in the process of changing to the point where something like this (one major studio being acquired by and selling off all of their assets to another) was probably inevitable.

Edited by filmlover
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fox officially gets absorbed into Disney next week. True end of an era. Sad and disappointing, but the industry as a whole is in the process of changing to the point where something like this (one major studio being acquired by and selling off all of their assets to another) was probably inevitable.

Finally. Now I can pitch to Disneyland the Freddy Got Fingered ride I've been developing for years.

22 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn We truly are living in a new era.

The Farmer Wants A Wife crushed Who Wants To Marry My Son. It hit over 15% rating and 31% share, highest peak at over 18% rating and 36% share. J-U-G-G-E-R-N-A-U-T. Son did 11.5% rating and over 25% share, top peak being over 14% rating and 32% share.... during SIC's break at around 10:48PM or something, so it's not even a peak on self-merit, it's just the people who were awaiting for Farmer to come back thought "I might as well check the other one for a bit" :rofl:.

Pretty sure Farmer outperformed everything since Kitchen Nightmares, including every single episode of Dancing With The Stars and Married At First Sight. It's SIC's biggest premiere on Sunday night since The X-Factor...... in FUCKING 2013. It's also the biggest premiere in rating for any show of theirs since Coração D'Ouro (though it beat Rainha das Flores by only 0.1%, though).

Son still did okay, considering the abysmal marketing it had, last minute switch from Saturday to Sunday and the 15 minute teaser for Stripped that played before it started being a huge ass ratings bomb. I actually thought it would do better or possibly beat Farmer, considering it had Ricardo Araújo Pereira hitting massive numbers right before it, but I was wrong. Farmer had incredible marketing and it payed off huge. SIC can apparently do no wrong at the moment, and they're gonna take the 7PM slot back with ease. Son will probably win 6PM and Saturday primetimes, but yeah, TVI was smart not to pit Son against Farmer beyond the 1st Sunday, because Son would get humilliated if that were the case.

I still see marketing in the streets saying Who Wants To Marry My Son premiered on March 9. What a giant mess by TVI. The Stripped teaser bombed hard as well which doesn't bode well for his actual premiere. And all of this with Ricardo Araújo Pereira pulling in some big ass numbers and giving the new reality shows a much bigger lead in than SIC for The Farmer Wants a Wife. As soon as RAP ended people grabbed the remote FAST.

I guess it helped that The Farmer Wants a Wife was hyped all week during O Programa da Cristina. I think now that TVI has weak weekdays ratings that will start to hurt other places in the schedule because there will be less people watching TVI and therefore less people exposed to marketing of the new shows. Meanwhile Kitchen Nightmares stays unbothered. I think SIC is saving Cristina's Sunday primetime premiere for whenever TVI unleashes Ljubomir again. The Price is Right actually lost against The Farmer Wants a Wife yesterday :ohmygod: What the hell was TVI airing? Raid The Cage with Rita Pereira? Lmao.

Also, what is your source to check the daily ratings?

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I still see marketing in the streets saying Who Wants To Marry My Son premiered on March 9. What a giant mess by TVI. The Stripped teaser bombed hard as well which doesn't bode well for his actual premiere. And all of this with Ricardo Araújo Pereira pulling in some big ass numbers and giving the new reality shows a much bigger lead in than SIC for The Farmer Wants a Wife. As soon as RAP ended people grabbed the remote FAST.

I guess it helped that The Farmer Wants a Wife was hyped all week during O Programa da Cristina. I think now that TVI has weak weekdays ratings that will start to hurt other places in the schedule because there will be less people watching TVI and therefore less people exposed to marketing of the new shows. Meanwhile Kitchen Nightmares stays unbothered. I think SIC is saving Cristina's Sunday primetime premiere for whenever TVI unleashes Ljubomir again. The Price is Right actually lost against The Farmer Wants a Wife yesterday :ohmygod: What the hell was TVI airing? Raid The Cage with Rita Pereira? Lmao.

Also, what is your source to check the daily ratings?

I guess they panicked when they saw that even the finals of Lip Sync Battle - which flopped for the most of its run - handily beat Valor da Vida and A Teia (VdV had a bigger result, but that's only because it started against a SIC break), and decided at the last second they had to pit Who Wants To Marry My Son against The Farmer Wants A Wife..... even though Son will be a Saturday format either way and it could've pounded Alma e Coração with ease. Fucking idiocracy! And the reports actually say that Farmer led from start to finish, meaning that if RAP was still airing against it, it actually beat RAP too :ohmygod: And yes, Stripped bombing big time doesn't bode well for its premiere. I actually thought and still think it has a lot of potential, so we'll see.

Yes, being on Cristina all week absolutely helped Farmer big time, if not enormously (fucking cannot wait for that Cristina vs Ljubomir clash, we'll see fucking 20% rating on the two channels at once). Gave it even more exposure than what Married At First Sight had. And yeah, TVI has taken a big hit on weekday numbers and especially at daytime.... but they still have a greater reach than SIC, apparently, and I would figure they could have premiered Son to success or at least closer to Farmer under decent marketing circumstances. Instead, putting up street signs saying "premieres March 9th" and then it's a day later, against MUCH better promoted - and honestly, flat out better - competition, is Goddamn hilarious :rofl: And yes, TVI actually pit the new flopped Raid The Cage against Farmer. It got violated from the inside out, to the surprise of no one :rofl: To their credit, Son led at 6PM, but it lost audience from First Dates and it was going against Avenida Brasil and Driven To Love (two bombs) crammed in a single hour. And today, TVI swapped Raid and Son by putting the former at 6PM and the latter at 7PM without any prior announcement..... dear fucking Christ.

As for my sources, I typically use either Espalha Factos or Zapping. :)

By the way, did you see the Control Portugal Instagram ads asking "who do YOU want: a farmer or a momma's boy" :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Can't wait for 2087 when Alita adjusts to 1B WW and Jimbo messages the now-dead forum saying I KNEW IT WOULD MAKE A BILLIE. JIM EVER LETS US DOWN. 

Nothings over while I'm breathin'

9d6a95443f00f36dea8b69dacd9bbded.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1