Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

he hates planet of the apes for sure. when asked if he ever wanted to do a sequel he said he'd "rather jump out a window". not sure if he's ever been so candid about alice in wonderland.

Been wondering if I should see Dumbo before the Blankie ep. 

Just now, RichWS said:

Been wondering if I should see Dumbo before the Blankie ep. 

i'll go see it probably on a cheap tuesday. gonna see that and watch big eyes/peculiar children for the first time as well. not happy about any of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Does anybody know Burton’s thoughts on his Planet of the Apes and Alice in Wonderland movies? Was he disappointed in them?

I think he had a miserable experience with Planet of the Apes due to deadlines and him being forced to rush everything, and he admitted he never wanted to do a sequel.

I think he's cool with Alice, but I've always felt like he only signed up to do that movie so Disney could greenlight his stop-motion Frankenweenie movie. Kinda like how Musker and Clements only made Hercules so Treasure Planet could get made.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

beetlejuice, batman, scissorhands, batman returns, ed wood consecutively. i feel like that's up there for one of the best five movie runs ever.

For me i dont think anyone can beat Tarantinos beginning streak.

Reservoir Dogs - Excellent

Pulp Fiction - Masterpiece

Jackie Brown - Very good

Kill Bill 1 - One of my Top 10 favourite films of all time

Kill Bill 2 - Still great

Then came Death Proof and i kinda like that but its definetly not up there with the other ones.

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

frankenweenie was the last time i let myself get excited for a burton flick. was a passion project for him and it still felt like a lame shell of his style like everything else he's made the last ten years.

Only thing I remember about it was that dumbass ending with the car batteries.

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

The Killing, Paths of Glory, Spartacus, Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut.

lolita is pretty bad. clockwork doesn't really hold up either so there's a couple dips in there for me.

• Like 1

Hitchcock kinda comes close w/ Vertigo, North by Northwest and Psycho, but then The Birds kinda ruins things. Never seen either of his '56 movies, but I'm just gonna assume those are really good too and complete the "good 5-movie run"

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 2

the crazy thing about lolita is that kubrick is seen as some master of control but he lets Sellers get away with some unbearably long improv shtick in that movie. more like stanley apatow. he found the right balance with strangelove but sheesh.

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the crazy thing about lolita is that kubrick is seen as some master of control but he lets Sellers get away with some unbearably long improv shtick in that movie. more like stanley apatow. he found the right balance with strangelove but sheesh.

:hahaha: