Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think he said somewhere he liked it?

Beside I am assuming you are joking:

one doesn't exclude the other, men also get attacked, abused, raped... a lot more than the average person might think.

The diff is:

one fights for the right e.g. get a secure situation,..., the other fights for taking away rights from others, not respecting others in the full meaning.... very roughly simplified

I didn't even know Tele saw Captain Marvel. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's the name for the group cheering for the Disney/Fox sale and for the House of Mouse to eventually buy Sony too.

OMG, I am so not a fan of that idea (and am still very vary about the Fox merger, but based on that interested into details)

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

triple frontier was actually better than i was expecting. good stuff. the most disappointing element was seeing that disasterpiece did the score in the opening credits (loved his it follows score) and then being treated to the most basic action movie buttrock guitars score imaginable. 

Checked out the trailer cause this post. I was like nope not another heist movie no thanks... but then saw the Most Violent Year director card. 

Goddamn it coolio.

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

OMG, I am so not a fan of that idea (and am still very vary about the Fox merger, but based on that interested into details)

While everybody's yelling doom and gloom about the whole thing I have to admit I'm morbidly curious about the impact when one of the big six becomes a part of the other (any of the studios absorbing another, not just Disney/Fox). One of those "never thought the day would come where it would become a reality but it has so we'll find out what happens" scenarios.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

A = loved it

B = liked it

C = pretty mixed, don’t really feel like I liked or hated it

D = didn’t like it

F = hated it

Any plus or minus is basically if I feel more weakly or strongly than one particular grade.

Similar.  I rarely take chance on movies I might not like at the theater because there are 3 of us, we almost always do Dolby, and the theater we go to is 45 minutes away.

At the Theater:

A=Liked it enough I'd be willing to pay to see it again

B=Liked it but not enough to see it in the theater again.  Might buy the blu-ray if I feel its rewatchable

C=Might have liked it but wished I had waited to rent it or see it on HBO.

D=Wasted my money

F=Absolutely hated it.  

Ratings for movies I see at home

Great - Likely to buy the Blu-Ray

Good - I generally watch it whenever its on

Average - Might leave it on but I'll be on the computer

Lousy - I turn it off

• Like 3

So I'm yet again checking Fandango to see if our theater has put up US times for next week......and I see "Captive State" has reserved seating.

"Weird. It's DBOX? Ok..."

Then I see "Five Feet Apart" has it too. "Ok now surely that isn't DBOX".

I go to check Atom and I see.......the same thing.

Our theater randomly changed to reserved seating overnight...cool? Prices are still the same but now we have that element of ~fanciness. 

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

• Position players are only eligible to pitch in extra innings or when a team is leading or trailing by seven or more runs. Certain position players may be designated as “two-way players,” but to be eligible, they’ll need to have accrued at least 20 innings pitched and started 20 games as a position player/designated hitter in the current season or the preceding season (including at least three trips to the plate in each of those lineup appearances).
  •  
  • A pitcher must face at least three batters per appearance unless he is removed due to injury or the half-inning in which he is pitching ends before three batters have come to the plate.

I miss Bud Selig. :kitschjob:

I never thought I'd utter those words, but there you are.

(It's come to the point where I think to myself "At least they're not banning the shift")

((But then I think about the cockamamie shit they're trying in the Atlantic League and I get depressed all over again)) 

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Charlie Hunnam's accent in Triple Frontier must be retaliation for every bad Brit accent an American has done.

Even his regular English accent sounds fucked these days. No man on earth talks like how Charlie humdrum talks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I miss Bud Selig. :kitschjob:

I never thought I'd utter those words, but there you are.

(It's come to the point where I think to myself "At least they're not banning the shift")

((But then I think about the cockamamie shit they're trying in the Atlantic League and I get depressed all over again)) 

I don’t really have a problem with the new rules. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don’t really have a problem with the new rules. :ph34r:

This is how it starts Tele.  Before you know it, universal DH, banned shift, and runners on base at the start of extras.

Just a matter of time before the dreaded Tie Game enters the conversation. :gold:

It's coming Tele and your enabling behavior ain't helping. :sadno:

• Haha 1