Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its now 2 years and 1 day ago that i decided to stop my lurking and join these forums. One of my better decisions.

~ recently 6y for me. And agree fully to the last sentence. So much better than then IMDb and.....

edit:

I alwas am wondering, Italian musician or Starship Troopers?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

~ recently 6y for me. And agree fully to the last sentence. So much better than then IMDb and.....

edit:

I alwas am wondering, Italian musician or Starship Troopers?

Starship Troopers. Saw it with 11 years the first time and always loved it to pieces. In the beginning because of the action, now mostly because of the genius satire/parody of militarism and facism.

Normally i also have the Brainbug from the film as the profile picture, but because of a certain movie thats coming out in the end of May, this new one will remain a bit^^

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Starship Troopers. Saw it with 11 years the first time and always loved it to pieces. In the beginning because of the action, now mostly because of the genius satire/parody of militarism and facism.

Normally i also have the Brainbug from the film as the profile picture, but because of a certain movie thats coming out in the end of May, this new one will remain a bit^^

I d like to know more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just caught up on the weekend thread and yeesshhh. I miss the days of @CJohn at the playground in the middle of the night and @Ethan Hunt's girl trouble and @WrathOfHan's "I have a crush on Question Girl in class LOL THAT'S HER BOYFRIEND WHAT A NERD SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE A FLAT TIRE" saga.

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:

...telegraaaaaaaaaam

I’m glad I’ve posted so little about my current crush on the forums lmao.

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its now 2 years and 1 day ago that i decided to stop my lurking and join these forums. One of my better decisions.

I joined Boxofficemojo forums back in Jan 2004....

its been a while lol 

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

You own a bank and still gotta fly with us peasants? Damn :Gaga:

Extremely small decrepit bank. You guys usually forget that detail. And I am thinking of selling the assets and letting the rest shut down. Its just not returning what I thought it would. 

Just now, filmlover said:

Seriously. Where's your fancy private jets?!

I usually just fly Delta 90% of the time. Sprinkle in some BA or Lufthansa for international depending on where I am going. 

@DeeCee So I was reading a story about the teenager who egged the Australian senator, and reportedly said "Don't egg politicians. You get tackled by 30 bogans at the same time". I had to google "bogan" since that term isn't used here, and this video was one of the top results:

I might've laughed harder than I should have at this (especially since some of the locality humour is going over my head), but I'm pretty sure I know what a bogan is now.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You sure about that :thinking:

Yes. Ive been on many online forums (mainly football (its not called soccer!) or movies), but all of them were very toxic over time and just not much fun. And on BOT, sure you have some trolls and some heated debates here and there but overall its very calm, more often then not respectfull and mostly fun.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

About freakin' time:

@TwoMisfits @Telemachos @4815162342

(if you don't have access to The Athletic, I can post a key paragraph or two)

===

Now "50% increase" is a tad weasel wordy, but it's a start.  

The other thing is, this could be exploiting a market inefficiency, especially if it is paired with nutritional programs.  Increasing pay to minor leaguers is literal chump change for every single team in baseball, including the low spenders.  But making sure your minor leaguers are as healthy and fit as possible just seems like a no-brainer when it comes to player development, especially with the mania over prospects lately.

Like, it's even important for 'org filler' to be as good as they can be, since they're the ones the prospects are honing their skills against.  So if it improves players down at the farm so they're more ready to be major league players, it would seem to me that this is an exploit that is just sitting there, begging to be picked.

• Like 5